Unknown buzzer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Unknown buzzer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stefan Ihnat
Yet to post message
Username: stefan87

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, 14 August, 2017 - 03:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On the floor after removing the carpets I found buzzer. Apparently somewhere. Do not you know where?

If I press a test button, buzzer it sounds. This is another buzzer?

Unknown buzzer

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, 14 August, 2017 - 07:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There's a buzzer under the dash which sounds if the engine overheats, maybe it has been replaced and the old one has been left under the carpet. You can test you temperature buzzer by turning on the ignition and removing the wire from the sender unit which is in the side of the engine head roughly between spark plug 3 & 4 and ground the wire to the engine to see if the buzzer sounds.

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 198
Posted on Monday, 14 August, 2017 - 09:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is known as high metal temp buzzer. R-R found through experience that if one of heater hoses burst, coolant would run out from rear of engine , but header tank would still be full and of course low coolant light would not be illuminated. Hence the fitting of the high metal temp buzzer on rear of "A" bank head. From around '71/72 I think

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: