Fuel injection for your Shadow? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Fuel injection for your Shadow? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben Curtis
Experienced User
Username: burgundyben

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, 20 March, 2017 - 07:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interesting development here

http://sucarb.co.uk/news/

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2230
Posted on Monday, 20 March, 2017 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interesting indeed. The price point will likely be the determiner of success or failure of this venture provided the system(s) work [and I have very little doubt that they will.]

I know people who'd give their eye teeth to have a fuel injection system on their SY series cars even though I'm not one of them.

Brian

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 252
Posted on Monday, 20 March, 2017 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Been driving Tootsie the last few days. Starts instantly, runs quite well. As I have grown familiar with the SU carburetor my opinion has increased to the point I confess to being blown away with how good a carburetor it actually is. My previous experience is with fixed venturi units like Holley and Weber so it took a while to wrap my head around the genius of their piston controlled variable venturi design. Count me as a convert. However, all that said, there's a lot to go on about when it comes to FI as well so I, for one, will be interested in seeing the price point of this new SU product.

Ben Curtis
Experienced User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, 21 March, 2017 - 01:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It got me thinking, while my engine is in bits all over the floor, now would be a good time to make a trigger wheel and fit it, plus knock up the bracket to hold the sensor.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Tuesday, 21 March, 2017 - 02:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Make sure your engine mounts are Ok, they have been know to collapse due to oil leaks.
This link may help as I have been looking into injection on a engine fitted with Zenith carbs.

Going with a motor bike set up as the engine does not have inlet manifolds.
http://trigger-wheels.com/store/contents/en-uk/d5.html

Ben Curtis
Experienced User

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, 21 March, 2017 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is also this option from Jenvey

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/products2/individual-throttle-bodies/sf-individual-body-parallel-bore/sf40-50mm-body-2-inj-sfxx-0-2

They do an adapter for fitting an SU.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: