Two 42mm plugs on each side of front ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Two 42mm plugs on each side of front of engine block « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 208
Posted on Sunday, 19 April, 2015 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On shadow engines there are two hexangle plugs about 42mm across on the front of the engine on each side of the engine block. Does anybody know what if anything is behind these two plugs?

Prolific User

Post Number: 209
Posted on Sunday, 19 April, 2015 - 01:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have gone through the workshop manual and there is one diagram that suggests though it not clear that these two plugs are simply for draining the engine coolant but I can't be sure as the diagram is not that clear. Thanks Vlad

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Sunday, 19 April, 2015 - 01:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

Take a look at Figure L2 in Chapter L1 of the SSII/T2 Workshop Manual. Is this the set of plugs to which you refer? If so, then you've already determined their function.

Brian, who's never removed these and sees no real point in doing so

Kelly Opfar
Experienced User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, 19 April, 2015 - 02:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

They appear to just be coolant passages.

Prolific User

Post Number: 210
Posted on Sunday, 19 April, 2015 - 02:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks chaps I think you are right, it just a plug sealing off the coolant galleries.