Quick Self-levelling 74 Shadow I Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Quick Self-levelling 74 Shadow I « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel Ralph
Experienced User
Username: nigel_ralph

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, 28 September, 2010 - 12:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Everyone. Things have been going quite well with srh 18295 since my last post about a rebuild. Most of the oil leaks were coming from the rocker covers so new gaskets fixed the problem. The few drips of oil from the weep holes were fixed with carby cleaner and silicon. Now drip free!

I've always been curious about the water seal giving way after the weep holes have been blocked off because of oil leaks. Is this likely to happen?

But that is not the real purpose of my posting. Is there a quick way to get the self levelling activated. I ask simply because during my trips up and down the Bruce Highway (1000km ea way) I have to refuel. When I do I head straight out onto the highway again but can't excellerate up to 100 kph for about 2 kms. If I try, a bit of vibration sets up from the drive shafts.

I've tried starting in neutral with the driver's door open but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 665
Posted on Tuesday, 28 September, 2010 - 16:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nigel, that should do it.

You will need to check for power and an earth at the solenoid valve.

Also you should hear a clunk from the valve as power is applied and removed.

Nigel Ralph
Experienced User
Username: nigel_ralph

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, 01 October, 2010 - 07:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Paul.
I'e never heard a clunk so maybe those electrics you suggest need to be checked.