Early Shadow Sunvisors Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Early Shadow Sunvisors « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 250
Posted on Tuesday, 01 February, 2011 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone have access to a photograph of the early shadow 'A' pillar, sunvisor and central mirror configuration?

I recently noticed on ebay that a dismantled early Shadow appeared to have visors that could swing to the side as well as up and down.

If so, why on earth did they change it? Would it be theoretically possible to retrofit using the original configuration and a bit of (reversible) ingenuity?

The best solution I've managed to come up with for the lack of a side visor in my 1974 Shadow is a baseball hat at a rakish angle.

John Kilkenny
Prolific User
Username: john_kilkenny

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, 01 February, 2011 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Jeffrey,
Here is the assembly for SRH1405.
Both sunvisors swing round to the window.

Shadow 1 Sunvisor

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 251
Posted on Wednesday, 02 February, 2011 - 05:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for that John - how very odd that they deleted something so fundamentally practical. I assume the window end fittings screw into a fitting welded to the roof - next time I get close to an early car I'll do a close inspection.