Front Pulley Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Front Pulley « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Barry Brears
Frequent User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, 09 November, 2010 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

At the moment I'm having difficulty in getting the front pulley off so I can fit a new coolant pump any ideas,on my T1 Bentley

Barry

Barry Brears
Frequent User

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, 09 November, 2010 - 03:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Found the problem 2 set screws at the front of the pulley not shown in exploded view in the workshop manual or in the description on how to remove coolant pump.Boy were they tight had to remove radiator etc to get a better go at them.So on with the motley now cleaning down ready for new pump.

Barry

Jeff Young
Experienced User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, 10 November, 2010 - 05:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Barry,

I posted a few pictures of my water pump rebuild here: water pump rebuild thread.

(It's a T2, so there may be some differences -- such as no screws on the front of the pulley. ;) )

Jeff.

(Message edited by jeyjey on 10 November 2010)

Barry Brears
Frequent User

Post Number: 71
Posted on Wednesday, 10 November, 2010 - 05:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jeff,Thanks for the pics etc I actually bought a complete new unit from Introcar for GBP135 I think it was, they were on special.It took 4 days to get here(Batemans Bay 300 kms south of Sydney) from the UK,that is brilliant!!!!
Barry

Jeff Young
Experienced User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, 11 November, 2010 - 06:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's a pretty good price Barry, considering the rebuild kits are a bit north of GBP100. In fact, it make me wonder why I bothered rebuilding.

Jeff.