Quarterlight seals Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Quarterlight seals « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Jones
New User
Username: jeffoir

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, 21 July, 2007 - 08:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

I've been trying to track down some quarterlight seals, but the only ones I've been able to find so far are on Flyingspares.com at GBP225 (arghh!!!). I see from an earlier post (whistling quarterlights) that they weren't beening made anymore, and it seems the word from the parts suppliers I've contacted is that Crewe aren't allowing copies to be made either.

Does anyone know any anyone that supplies these parts?

Thanks,
Jeff Jones

Mernon Lollich
New User
Username: mernon_lollich

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, 21 July, 2007 - 23:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oregon Crewe Cutters in Grant's Pass, crewecutters@uci.net - and Tony Handler in Los Angeles, www.tonyhandler.com - sell these. I think they're around US$225 EACH! Both firms are actually owned by Tony Handler. From a thread on the US RROC forum I understand that they have to be fiddled with a bit with an extra piece of rubber to prevent whistling around the bottom vent window pivot (I assume you're talking about the front quarter lights). Several people here have used them and they seem to be a close fit.

Mine want replacing too, but am putting it off for the moment due to repair costs following a collision in April already reaching US$30,000. All the repair parts - grille shell, bumper, overriders, bumper irons, spash pan etc. etc. have come from Crewe Cutters and are of first rate quality.

Mernon - RROC, RROC(A), RREC}

Jeff Jones
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, 22 July, 2007 - 13:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for that Mernon, I'll approach them and see what they have available.

Good luck with the repairs on your own car. Was there anything left of the other car?!!

Regards,
Jeff

Mernon Lollich
New User
Username: mernon_lollich

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, 22 July, 2007 - 13:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No, it was a Chevrolet Cavalier or some such, 2600 lb and a writeoff.

Mernon

Jeff Jones
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, 24 July, 2007 - 20:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've just got a price back from Tony Handler- the seals are available only as a pair and are US$480!! I think I'll put up with the whistle for now and hope someone in the future will be able to supply the seals at a lower cost. Good business opportunity for someone out there with the right skills...

MCBowman
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 97.126.84.71
Posted on Monday, 27 June, 2022 - 05:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cheers! The left hand quarter light on left side of my 56 S1 has frozen up and cannot be opened or closed. Have removed the bottom spring and am attempting to get the window out to see whats going on. Am having zero luck. Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance MC

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: