Hideous Air Horns and a mystery wire Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Hideous Air Horns and a mystery wire « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daniel Shepherd
New User
Username: 1957_grey_cloud

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, 20 July, 2022 - 14:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The great frontal clean up has begun on the '57, and I intend to swap out the current horns with item's that are more reserved and humble.
As per the pictures, I have come across a curious mystery wire. It leaves the loom and then branches to feed the two fog lamps, but there is another wire that just appears in limbo.
Does anyone have a notion? Thanks, Daniel

1957 Cloud Horns

1957 Cloud front end

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 802
Posted on Wednesday, 20 July, 2022 - 18:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Daniel, the colours are not clear on my screen, but are they Horn feeds. There should be 2 horns on the car.
mark

Daniel Shepherd
New User

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, 21 July, 2022 - 08:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Mark, I will test the wire this weekend, hopefully they are still in circuit and I can just disconnect the air horns :-)

Hopefully any old 1950s English horn can be used - one of an old Rover would be good.

Thanks
Daniel

David Hughes
Experienced User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 133
Posted on Thursday, 21 July, 2022 - 17:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Daniel
Here are the standard fitted horns, they were High and Low note.
On "Colonial Delivered" cars they were different, details are on the Australian technical website.
Regards
David

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 793
Posted on Thursday, 21 July, 2022 - 22:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The actual horns and part numbers for your car, as delivered, will be on the Bentley Heritage site. You have to plug in your chassis number.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3301
Posted on Friday, 22 July, 2022 - 10:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The page to start searching for parts for a specific car (or, if you don't happen to have the VIN or Chassis number, model range) at the Bentley Heritage site is the Catalogue Page.

Brian

Daniel Shepherd
New User

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, 24 July, 2022 - 08:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks everyone - I've had a look at the heritage site and at Introcar - and was wondering if Lucas horns will do the job - they a easy to get here in NZ and look like they'll just strap on. These would save me $500 out of the restoration budget:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/vintage-parts/accessories/listing/3695192648?bof=XbWnrzfN

Lucas Horns

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 805
Posted on Monday, 25 July, 2022 - 04:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

They look similar to the ones on my S1. Whether they are corect, I don't know but they sound excellent !
Mark

Daniel Shepherd
New User

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, 25 July, 2022 - 08:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Mark, I might take the risk, I can always re-sell if they don't work out :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: