Where are we ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Where are we ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 788
Posted on Monday, 06 November, 2006 - 08:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I wonder/worry (not too much) about the interest among owners in our cars. I would certainly like to see more traffic in this pidgeon hole. Most readers I hope will be aware of the burgeoning Technical Library on this site - a first for the Marque, I believe, in the world! There have been efforts from this country for a number of years for the three major clubs to pool their information. These however have been soundly rebuffed, unashamedly, apparently because it would diminish club revenues.

Given that we are supposed as enthusiasts to be preserving the dwindling stock of products from the old Company, I would have thought any initiative that assisted with this task would have been lauded.

So the Library initiative is, we hope, a step in the right direction. There are five people who have spent many hours scanning Factory material for me to put on the Web and we have been rewarded with considerable traffic from people presumably all over the planet.

The initial population check clearly showed that over the three clubs SY and SZ cars comprised far more than half the population so the initial scans have concentrated on material for those models. But now the team has addressed the last of the chassied cars starting with all the Service bulletins for the 'S' series. The 'S' and SII original workshop manual has been scanned and has only to be assembled and I expect the Service bulletins for the later cars will follow suit.

So bone up on your car, download and print your own manuals if you like or simply store them on CD/DVD. I note that a number of owners are installing the whole publications on their hard drive which makes for very quick access. The files by the way have been minimised in size to reduce your download time. For those in download land we can do nothing to save you time but suggest you cultivate friendships with those who are on fast connections and retrieve your material there.

I commend the collection to you!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: