Hard starting Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Hard starting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jorge
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 205.188.116.200
Posted on Saturday, 30 July, 2005 - 14:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hello all I have a problem that is driving me crazy. I'm restoring a 1962 silver cloud II drophead. the car is perfect except for one little problem I'm having. When the car is cold it starts perfect and it runs like a dream. As soon as I shut the key off when it is warm it will not start. I wait like 15 minutes and it starts right up again and it is perfect. I've done the Ignition timing,the points have been set up in a distributor machine,I have replaced the points, the condenser,distributor cap, and rotor and still I have the same problem. While the car will not start there is gas coming up and there is a great spark at the coil. Just wondering if anybody could help I would appreciate it.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT

I have reluctantly allowed this post despite the fact that it has been sent from a proxy server which has been a well-known tactic of forum pests on this and other forums. I request JORGE to use a valid email address fpr future posts.

(Message edited by david_gore on July 31, 2005)

(Message approved by david_gore)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin

Post Number: 65
Posted on Thursday, 04 August, 2005 - 14:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jorge,

If you have spark and fuel, I would guess that you have enough compression on a cold engine to start, but not enough compression on a warm motor to start. You also seem to have changed everything but the spark plugs. Whip the old plugs out, do a cold compression test. Insert new plugs, warm up the motor, then do a warm compression test. Do the figures differ?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: