Radiator grille number S1 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Radiator grille number S1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rein Zwolsman
New User
Username: car_lover_all

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, 22 March, 2021 - 06:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The top of the radiator grille contains a 4 digit number. I wonder if this originally should be the same as the body number. My S1 has a different number. Thanks for your reply.

David Hughes
Experienced User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, 22 March, 2021 - 16:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Rein
There is a widely held belief that the number on the grille was related to the person/craftsman that made it.
I am happy to be corrected by someone with more knowledge.
Regards
David

David Hughes
Experienced User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 122
Posted on Monday, 22 March, 2021 - 16:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rein - Please see this video:

https://youtu.be/wiXSlWfcaHg

Describes the radiator grille build, towards the end describes the maker adding his mark

Rein Zwolsman
New User
Username: car_lover_all

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, 22 March, 2021 - 23:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,
Impressive video. Thanks for sharing. It means probably the grille is still original.
After stripping of the S1 for a bare metal respray did found the body number also on both halfs of the bonnet top and on the inside with pencil on the wood panels. Maybe there are more places which I am not aware of.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: