61 Headlight Flicker (Steering Wheel)... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » 61 Headlight Flicker (Steering Wheel) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 99
Posted on Tuesday, 07 August, 2018 - 01:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lately, when I turn the steering wheel left or right on my 61 Cloud, the headlights will flicker. I am assuming a wiring issue in the steering column. The headlights work perfectly between low and high beam (with the floor switch). Any ideas before I plunge in?????

Richard

Norman Geeson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.99.138.38
Posted on Tuesday, 07 August, 2018 - 03:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard

It is possible that the connectors for the headlamp flasher switch are causing you a problem. Remove the column shields and examine the connections to the switch assembly whilst rotating the steering.

If you have a USA version chassis no head lamp flasher will appear to be present but a unit that has been modified is still fitted and the connections are still present.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Balfour
Prolific User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 103
Posted on Tuesday, 07 August, 2018 - 13:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard, from memory the loom also runs close to the PA Steering hoses on the LH side near the pump. If not at the column wiring or flasher as Norman has suggested, perhaps it could be movement in the PAS hose moving the loom slightly and causing a flicker due to poor connection.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: