Steamy Windows and Draughty, Whistlin... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Steamy Windows and Draughty, Whistling Quarterlights « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

andy pinto
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 84.65.93.221
Posted on Tuesday, 14 December, 2004 - 07:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My S3 whistles like mad when driven above 20mph, due to air coming in through the closed quarterlight windows.
When the heating is on (essential in the UK)in my non-aircon car, and the car is being driven, the windows steam up.
Any suggestions would be welcome!
B64EC

(Message approved by david_gore)

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 158
Posted on Wednesday, 15 December, 2004 - 05:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Replace quarter light seals,leaking seals would not cause the steaming up in my opinion.
Damp interior caused by leaking front or rear windscreen rubber surround,door rubbers not sealing,windscreen wiper spindle seals u/s.
sun roof if fitted, drains leaking.
If steaming up just on front windscreen with the initial start of the heater fan,the matrix could have a small leak.
Have a good look under all floor mats for damp!
First.

John D
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.97
Posted on Wednesday, 15 December, 2004 - 05:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Andy. In anticipation that you MAY need new 1/4 light vent seals, please note that the last time I checked, these were unavailable, new or repro./"pattern" etc. I dont know if the situation has changed in recent times, however IF you happen to be able to buy a pair (at a reasonable price) then I suggest it would be in your longer term interest to do so.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 335
Posted on Sunday, 20 February, 2005 - 09:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As far as I am aware the repro ones were not successful and the solution was to silastic the lot up and put up without them. As to the steaming it very likely a leaking matrix. This is under the right front mudguard and all you need do is remove the bonnet, grille, bumper bar, fender and front door to get access. This is a pic of my Bentley which has underwing aircon but the procedure is the same.

Having got this far the whole unit needs to be unbolted and disconnected and removed.  It is then uncovered and you can get at the matrix.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: