Videos of Silver Cloud 3 Frame-up Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Videos of Silver Cloud 3 Frame-up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Spencer
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 24.182.154.42
Posted on Saturday, 09 January, 2016 - 00:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If any of my mates from down under would like to follow along the re-do of a Silver Cloud 3 they are posted on the following u-tube link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIxaznmGm5lJ6wfTyGy3DPA

(Message approved by david_gore)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 390
Posted on Tuesday, 12 January, 2016 - 04:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

These videos are real eye candy.

ChristopherCarnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 5.80.53.129
Posted on Wednesday, 13 January, 2016 - 03:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Steve,
Say hello to Ralph CURZON, and not Cruzon as in the videos,for me.
I gave Ralph instruction by email (lots)on how to correctly rebuild the differential of an S1 Park Ward Continental DHC 13/38 diff with a 13/40 ratio,in 2008/9.
He admitted that he had neglected to realise the importance of the bearing preload washers, and setting washers in his RROC video, such that the diffs so rebuilt, whined.
I have all the photos and the tools that he made under my instruction.
It is a mistake not to remove the backlash adjusting castellated ring nut before stripping the case.
They were replaced by diffs from other cars.
He was apprenticed at the R-R school at Hythe Road London in 1965.

Christopher Carnley.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Christian S. Hansen
Prolific User
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 122
Posted on Wednesday, 13 January, 2016 - 07:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for the link. I really enjoy all RR repair videos and as an owner of one of the Cloud series, and I have found Curzon's to be most informative and interesting. I only wish that there were more!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: