Formula-E gen2 Leading To F1 Elect... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Formula-E gen2 Leading To F1 Electric? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 2097
Posted on Sunday, 17 March, 2019 - 19:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now that car manufactures are queuing up to get involved In Formula-E as a test bed for there new electric road cars is it just a matter of time before F1 becomes electric?

Steve Emmott
Prolific User
Username: steve_e

Post Number: 116
Posted on Sunday, 17 March, 2019 - 20:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Maybe Dyson as they are now doing an electric car will even fit one with a vac to clean the track as they drive.

I fear long term for all living species safety with electric cars as they are so quiet.

Hopefully too battery life may get improved eventually as rechargeable batteries are the pain in my life.......they all start off well but soon fade after a while to the point where they need replacing and that ain't ever cheap.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 2098
Posted on Sunday, 17 March, 2019 - 21:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Steve, it seems the new gen 2 cars have battery type the can run the cars for the 45min duration of the full race at speeds up to 175MPH, double of that of the previous year withy only 20% weight increase.
Progress seems is fast.

Yes electric cars are quiet, nearly hit a deer on the way back from the local water hole.

Slow speeds, have a audio warning under 10MPH I think for alerting but never heard my car, must be going deaf!
Must get a Dyson to go with the robot mower that seems to plot its course around the lawn and returns to its docking point when it needs a charge .

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: