Idler chatter members only suggestion. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Idler chatter members only suggestion. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 18:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would like to make a suggestion, that our Idler chatter section incorporates Snake pits, Bear pits, Pedants corner and any other concoctions, and make it viewing by members only, and governed by Gentlemanly conduct, What do you think???

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1806
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 04:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am all for anything that will work with the moderators and administrators yet allow a degree of tolerance for people to go off-piste a little. This is as long as nobody is upset/hurt/bullied etc.
Like you say Richard - Gentlemanly conduct.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 378
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 05:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On the condition that Brexit isn't mentioned of course.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1807
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 05:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

aye......

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 379
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 07:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The "Aye" to the right has it.

Patrick Francis
Prolific User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 276
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 21:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I agree with Richard.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1336
Posted on Monday, 08 April, 2019 - 04:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Its a difficult thing, so I agree with nobody. Today we all live in a very crazy world where people are being dragged into court, jails and media circuses for matters that would not have mattered even only 30 years ago.

I would like to create a Snake Pit blog but I am working a heavy job 60 to 65 hours a week in third world conditions for a pack of crazed lunatics who refuse to employ the sane. So its a painful slog for me and I just do not have the time to set the blog up.

But make no mistake, there are wowsers lurking so I see merits on both sides of the argument. Free speech has I believe taken a nasty serious blow of late and the real consequences of that are yet to be assessed.

That yap aside the technical side of the forum must be protected at all costs if the custodianship of classic Rolls Royces and Bentleys is of importance.

Alan Dibley
Prolific User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 188
Posted on Monday, 08 April, 2019 - 18:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Its a difficult thing, so I agree with nobody."

Too right Vladimir, I agree with you..... Hold on what just happened???

Alan D.

Graham Hutton
Experienced User
Username: gph

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, 10 April, 2019 - 07:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like the idea of more interaction, maybe even the odd “off topic” conversation to stimulate debate and more interest.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: