Soviet Goanna Testing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Soviet Goanna Testing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 06:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Park

Grand Master

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 06:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry this was just a Soviet test as I wrote something in Idle Chatter and I could not edit it and I could not post it and .... well its probably just a computer glitch or a North Korean prank.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3046
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 09:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

Our Administrator has implemented new policies on posting and content especially in the "Idler Chatter" category during the weekend. In future, I am required to ensure compliance with these policies when moderating posts. These changes are documented in the Forum List of Topics Idler Chatter section.

As I have in the past, I will always include a note whenever I moderate a post to advise this has occurred.

Your problem may have arisen whilst the Administrator was administrating...........

Grand Master

Post Number: 1181
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 09:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Egad, Censorship is alive and well. New Policies.

Well apologies to all for any offence caused by my posts.

Phew that was a close one.....tagged by the Administrator.

I think it was because I had naughtily circumvented to old policies by modifying any banned words but clearly conveying the same meaning. Sorry could not help myself.

Its hilarious though because if you are going to ban the word "gaze" well what's next? The full stop? Sorry just being a cheeky bastard.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3047
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 10:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

Just to allay any concerns - the main changes relate to the perennial subjects that vex all forums:

Politics, Religion, Race, Bigotry, Relationship Status and Incitement of illegal acts/violence are topics which come into this category.

Also, I am merely a volunteer who supports the concept and worth of this forum and have served in this role since 2002 as my contribution to the R-R/B community world-wide.

I have no relationship to our Administrator who is a fellow RROC[Australia] member who funds this website privately and who wishes to retain his privacy [and free time] and I respect his wishes in this regard.

Vladimir, it is not a question of censorship; just maintaining standards and avoiding the inevitable animosity that arises when individuals have opposing points of view on topics such as those listed above which have closed other forums in the past when the vitriol and anger aroused by controversial topics resulted in loss of patronage from contributing members and loss of reputation for the standard/relevance of the forum.

Our future is in both the hands of our members and mine as a monitor of standards and compliance with the Administrator's rules [i.e. "he who pays the piper, calls the tune" for our members of Gaelic heritage].

I, for one, do not want to see this forum follow the much lamented Swammelstein Shadow Forum and the UK RRBEW Forum into irrelevance and ultimately oblivion. I strongly support free speech and associated reasonable and non-abusive discussion when it remains at this standard throughout.

I look forward to this Forum having a long-term future and my living long enough to see this happen.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Monday, 05 November, 2018 - 14:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, whatever you and or the Administrator decide is fine by me.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: