Where is Bob Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Where is Bob « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 965
Posted on Wednesday, 20 June, 2018 - 10:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob from the UK London made a tremendous contibution to this forum. He has gone noticeably silent.

Just wondering if he is okay because from some of his posts, the poor chap had some horrible health issues and I am certain he will be very sadly missed if Fate has taken him.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 475
Posted on Wednesday, 20 June, 2018 - 17:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes I miss Bob too, hope he's OK
Mike

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1949
Posted on Wednesday, 20 June, 2018 - 17:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ditto guys.

Always an entertaining read was Bob’s posts.
I and us all wish him well.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 977
Posted on Wednesday, 20 June, 2018 - 19:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi I noticed like yourselves that Robert had gone missing, I also wish him well, and also his family.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 978
Posted on Wednesday, 20 June, 2018 - 19:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert last logged in on 8th Feb.

Richard.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2934
Posted on Wednesday, 20 June, 2018 - 19:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am making some enquiries and will post accordingly.

David Gore

Post Number: 2935
Posted on Thursday, 21 June, 2018 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No success so far - the email addresses I have for Bob and his son are coming back with message failure reports.

Will try some other avenues and see what eventuates.................

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Thursday, 21 June, 2018 - 23:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the update David

Grand Master

Post Number: 976
Posted on Friday, 22 June, 2018 - 00:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well he is jolly well important to us and we don't want to invade his privacy but...I want him back!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Saturday, 14 July, 2018 - 18:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Any update on Bob anyone?

David Gore

Post Number: 2969
Posted on Saturday, 14 July, 2018 - 19:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not so far - both Bob's email address and that for his son have been closed and no longer accessible.

I have not been able to find a phone directory that allows access to phone numbers or an electoral roll to get current contact details.

I did a search of local newspapers for news items and notices relating to Bob without any success.

If anyone knows a way current UK phone listings can be accessed, I have information which would allow me to contact a family member.

I suspect Bob may be in an aged care centre or similar but his son is the person we need to find as he knows me from our contact over the years. I am surprised he hasn't contacted me to advise the reason for Bob's absence as he has my contact details.

I miss my mate as Bob and I go back to 2002 and the Swammelstein Shadow Forum subsequently destroyed by internet trolls. I convinced him to join our forum when the Swammelstein closed and I always looked forward to his contributions.

If anyone can help with a phone number/electoral roll search in the UK, please send me a PM through this forum.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1926
Posted on Saturday, 14 July, 2018 - 20:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just a thought, David is it possible for you to get his location by his IP address.
I too have looked in the local Dorset papers without success.
I remember a posting saying where he obtained some spares but have not found the posting!
I shall be visiting the Grandson etc in Poole tomorrow so will if time permits do some checks with the local authorities etc in Bournemouth if open.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1978
Posted on Saturday, 14 July, 2018 - 21:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I remember him mentioning Flying Spares on a number of occasions.

Maybe someone there maight know something?

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 986
Posted on Saturday, 14 July, 2018 - 23:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good thinking Patrick R, the only draw back is the data protection law.

Richard

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1927
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 01:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, data protection law, that's a laugh, use the computer or Facebook and the like finds most things sooner or later.

Back to Bob, retired from being a police transport engineer.
Retired from Sunseeker poole.
Patrick R think the Rolls stockist was more local than Flying spares.
Local motor factor for spares and not Eurocar parts.
Did visit Classics on the Pier Bournemouth.
Hospital that he used is now closed.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1979
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 07:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

He also used to frequent the “pound shop/store ” for all his little nic nacks and watch batteries etc.
Not to mention all his local area boot sales etc.

Wish I was closer just to have a good walk around and ask a few questions.

He would have been well known from his black Shadow drives around town, then I’m sure people would have all known him on his electric scooter trips.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1980
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 07:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will email the chap from Flying Spares tomorrow.

He was always up for a chat in our emails re parts.

I will explain the situation to him and see what we can come up with.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 828
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 08:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Will an old fashioned postal mail letter work if there is a physical address?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1982
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 08:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good question Christian.

David Gore

Post Number: 2971
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 08:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

Have sent you a PM - you might be lucky.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1928
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 15:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, no email arrived, have sent you a email but no luck with that!
Have looked at my au.rr forum editor site profile and the email address shown is correct.
I am with BT Yahoo mail maybe I changed it years ago.

christopher carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.177.30.135
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 18:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

THere is no current record of him, anywhere in the UK. No history either!

(Message approved by david_gore)

Grand Master

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 20:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I wonder if Bob ever wrote to Hunt House for the build sheets on his Black Rolls Royce?

If he did then maybe they have his address on file.

David Gore

Post Number: 2973
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 20:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick L,

Have sent you an email direct to the address you sent me.

Hope you can help make a miracle happen............

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1604
Posted on Monday, 16 July, 2018 - 04:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When was Bob's last post?

christopher carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.177.30.135
Posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 - 23:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is no record anywhere in the RREC member list or any other records.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 987
Posted on Monday, 16 July, 2018 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar Bobs last post was 8th FEB .

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2976
Posted on Monday, 16 July, 2018 - 08:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar - last post was 8th February 2018 as posted by Richard Yeaman above.

Christopher - Robert was a very individual individual and I am of the opinion he may not have been comfortable in the typical club environment where conformity was valued.

David Gore

Post Number: 2984
Posted on Wednesday, 25 July, 2018 - 09:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am pleased to advise our UK contributor has had some success in finding more information that will allow some specific enquiries that may give a definitive answer. Privacy restrictions may be an issue and hopefully these can be overcome if they arise.

We will post any additional information that comes to hand.

Chris Browne
Grand Master
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 303
Posted on Sunday, 29 July, 2018 - 19:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear friends,
I have read with interest the above efforts of this community to find out what has happened to one of our key contributors. There are other major names on this forum who have also been quiet of late but I trust that this is by choice and not for more sinister reasons. I would like to add my own story if you would indulge me. I have been a proud member on this forum for several years now. I have learned an immense amount from the information and advice which is so freely given by experts and amateur enthusiasts from all over the world which is second to none. My own contributions have mainly related to my joint restoration project with my friend David Whitehead of our 1958 Silver Cloud 1 which generated great interest here and also self-maintaining my 1979 Shadow 2 to a very high standard and which I have enjoyed immensely for the past nine years. Now the real reason for this post. In February 2016, i was rushed into hospital for an emergency operation which turned out to be cancer. The operation saved my life and enabled me to have a good quality of life and continue to follow my passion of playing with Rolls-Royces over the past two and a half years. Things have deteriorated in the last week and I am now back in hospital and the prognosis is not good. I have not yet reached the stage of my final “fail to proceed” but that may be on the distant horizon. So if any one is kind enough to notice that my occasional contributions suddenly stop, you know the reason. I have just realised that my status on the forum has been updated to Grand Master recently which has both surprised and delighted me as I consider my contributions of little significance when compared with those of my now fellow Grand Masters. I shall continue to read the forums daily, as usual, and make my tiny contributions where and when I can for as long as I can. Thank you for indulging me and I wish all members and contributors continued success in this most valuable asset to the world of Rolls-Royce and Bentley enthusiasts.
With kindest regards
Chris Browne

David Gore

Post Number: 2987
Posted on Sunday, 29 July, 2018 - 21:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris,

Having joined the "living proof only the good die young" fraternity in recent years, I understand exactly how you feel and my thoughts are with you as you face an uncertain future right now.

Have faith and trust in those entrusted with your care and be aware of the power of positive thinking which can work in mysterious and inexplicable ways at times.

It is my intention to keep contributing and commenting as long as I can which keeps me occupied and involved. I respectfully suggest you might find this a help especially on those days when things are not going as you wish.

I am sure all our members will join me in hoping your future allows you to complete those things in life that are important to you and your family and that you fill in all the unfinshed and untold stories of your life that will be part of your family history known to the generations yet to come.

My thoughts are and will be with you in the months and, hopefully, the years to come.

David

Chris Browne
Grand Master

Post Number: 304
Posted on Monday, 30 July, 2018 - 00:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello David,
Many thanks for your prompt reply and I entirely agree that you keep living a normal life as long as you are able. This forum has meant a great deal to me and has been a constant companion and source of inspiration and knowledge and it will remain so for as long as i have left.
I am deeply grateful for your support.
Kindest regards,
Chris

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 991
Posted on Monday, 30 July, 2018 - 04:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Chris sorry to hear this terrible news, I hope that you are not in pain, one never knows what is coming next, I was diagnosed with bladder cancer early in January this year I was operated on in February and finished chemotherapy in the middle of May, so
my thoughts \are with you and your family.

Richard.

michael vass
Grand Master

Post Number: 487
Posted on Monday, 30 July, 2018 - 18:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys
Really sorry to hear that not all is well, I do hope to be hearing from all of you for many years to come!
Very best wishes
Mike

Chris Browne
Grand Master

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, 30 July, 2018 - 19:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Richard and Michael for your support which is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Chris

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 201
Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 - 03:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris, I'm sure all will agree, our thoughts and prayers go with you.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1618
Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 - 04:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

well said Mark.
and God bless you all.
Omar

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1985
Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 - 10:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A big ditto from me Chris,
You have all of our thoughts & prayers heading your way.
Get well soon Grand Master.

Harry Heuchan
Frequent User
Username: harry_heuchan

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 - 15:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ditto and Well said Patrick, Omar, David and others

Chris Browne
Grand Master

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 - 19:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear friends,

Thank you. Your thoughts and good wishes are hugely appreciated and as a bonus there has been a small improvement in my condition over the past few days - a small but positive step.

Kindest regards,

Chris

Grand Master

Post Number: 1051
Posted on Wednesday, 01 August, 2018 - 09:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris hopefully something will change and you will make a full recovery. Strange that when we are young it seems like life has no end and the when you hit the 50s people start dropping like flies and it just gets worse the longer you live.

I live quite a hedonistic life style and have zero intentions of reforming my behaviour. My intention is to suck every available molecule of debauched opportunities out of life.

I certainly will never end up in an old people's home. I think quality of life is far more important than quantity.

Life itself is incredibly mysterious in that we are all born to die.

Back in 1982 I picked up my 8 week old daughter and she was dead from SIDS. That told me bluntly not to take life for granted although that day was a day I wished not to be alive. A mental horror no less.

Chris if there is anything you wanted to do in life but have not done now is the time.

But beware the influences of the well meaning but completely misinformed who upon hearing of your health problem will attempt to offer you loony capers of paradise.

JWs are the worst of this lot. When I lived in Town they would come knocking on my door asking if I wanted to go to Paradise forever.My reply was "In your paradise do you have gangbangs, Cadillacs and areas where you can scare up fast moving large lizards with high powered handguns?" "No" was always the answer. I always realised that if I ended up in any of the paradises any churchy types offered I would, being a creature of nefarious design, soon be shown the door!

Your thoughts will always be a part of this forum and possibly short of politicians blowing the planet to smithereens, your thoughts like this forum may prove to be eternal.

Life itself is always intense near the edge like say on a motorbike at 260 kph and climbing, ripped.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2004
Posted on Wednesday, 01 August, 2018 - 13:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris

You are in my thoughts. Keep positive.

Geoff

Chris Browne
Grand Master

Post Number: 307
Posted on Wednesday, 01 August, 2018 - 23:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad and Geoff,
Many thanks. Vlad you are a total one off and I love your philosophy on life. Your exploits are amazing and I’m surprised you have not had Hollywood banging on your door. Your lifestyle would make a great movie! There has been improvement in my condition as eight days ago, after coming into hospital, I was asked if I wanted to see a priest (which I didn’t) and we should tell my family I had not long left. Since then, the medical staff here have pulled me round to such an extent that they are saying I might be able to go home soon. I can’t quite believe it but am not counting my chickens.
Kindest regards,
Chris

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1940
Posted on Thursday, 02 August, 2018 - 04:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris, pleased to here that you are making progress, I am sure that you are in good hands in the hospital and they will make your hopefully short stay as comfortable as poss.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1620
Posted on Thursday, 02 August, 2018 - 05:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Chris
that is fantastic news.
all the very very best to you mate.

Omar

Chris Browne
Grand Master

Post Number: 308
Posted on Thursday, 02 August, 2018 - 18:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick, Omar thank you.

Kindest regards,

Chris

Kevin_Poole
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 90.213.44.88
Posted on Monday, 03 September, 2018 - 19:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Members of the East Midlands (UK) section of the RREC were yesterday given the sad news by our Secretary that Chris Browne had passed away on Saturday, September 1st.
Chris was a lovely chap, gentle, thoughtful, and funny, and a fine engineer. He was always willing to share his knowledge and experience, and both the Silver Cloud which he jointly restored and his Shadow II were tributes to his skill and his high standards.
Kevin

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 01:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So sorry to hear that.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 367
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 01:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That’s really sad news, especially as his last posts seemed so positive.
It’s a cliché, but enjoy every day as if it were your last.

Benoit

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2018
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 02:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very sad news. My sincere condolences to his family and loved ones.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1664
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 03:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

very sad indeed.
My condolences to Chris' family and loved ones.

David Gore

Post Number: 3006
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 09:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin,

Thank you for passing on the sad news of Chris Browne's passing.

On behalf of everyone involved with our forum, would you please pass on our condolences and our respect for him as a much-valued contributor to the Rolls-Royce international community and this forum to his family.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master

Post Number: 997
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 09:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sad news.

michael vass
Grand Master

Post Number: 495
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 17:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How very sad.
Mike

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 19:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That is terrible news.
Chris did seem very positive and had such a positive outlook.
He will be missed.
My condolences to his family.

Harry Heuchan
Frequent User
Username: harry_heuchan

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2018 - 22:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very sad news indeed
My condolences to Chris' family

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Thursday, 06 September, 2018 - 04:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh dear, had hoped for better news very sad.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 887
Posted on Thursday, 06 September, 2018 - 07:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very sad to hear of the demise of a fellow RR/B enthusiast.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Tuesday, 11 September, 2018 - 05:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sadly jetsetters we appear to have lost two Grand Masters this year who made valued contributions to our beloved and often decadent world of RR/B love.

I send my regrets and condolences to their surviving relatives and friends.

But Bob and Chris will continue to live on in cyber space as long as this Forum exists.

Although I am pushing towards 63 and have indulged in many madcap dangerous capers fully deserving the reward of an early demise and am living quite a comfortable existence in Outback Australia, I cannot say that I don't wish to be 20 years old again....

But mates there is just no way around age's mysterious goosestepping march towards eventual oblivion and unless you decide to throw yourself under the wheels of a fast moving train there is little hope of ascertaining when that low bastard The Grim Reaper is going to drop in for a beer.

RIP Bob and Chris, you are remembered.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, 11 September, 2018 - 05:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well said Vladimir, I would like to fondly remember Bob & Chris also. Condolences to their families & friends.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 815
Posted on Wednesday, 10 October, 2018 - 05:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry to finally catch up on this Forum and read this thread. I value every contribution and author although we have never met. We speak of "loss" yet it becomes more and more true as we miss valued friends.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: