Electric Propulsion Modification for RR Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Electric Propulsion Modification for RR « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Thursday, 11 October, 2018 - 00:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jetsetters, I have put this little yap here because....oh well you know.

Now some of you would have seen that the UN commissioned 91 scientists from 44 countries to prepare a report on global warning.

Yes and the result was this: End electrical production by the use of coal within 22 years if you want to save part of the Great Barrier Reef.

More to the point close down coal mining right now, in fact yesterday would have been better.

We have a scientist here who has studied the Reef for decades. His prediction is basically croak the reef = gigantic enviromental knock on distaster ie wipe out one quarter of all marine life = further disaster = extinction of mankind ie us gone forever.

I not a scientist but I put science over religion any day of the week.

Our fool of an Enviromental Minister ie parrot for the coal industry had this to say: "I just don't know how you can say that we won't have clean burning coal electricity stations in 22 years" or words to that effect. And yes she used to work for the mines and at present we have the loon conservatives in power and believe me, if there was ever a stooge for the coal industry its the Liberal Party.

My internet surfing has found the Paris Mayor at one time yaking on about no old cars to be driven in Paris Monday to Friday.

Okay what is my point? It's this: Knowing what low rats politicians are, there is a possibility that our beloved RR/B could be ordered off the road because of global warming.

Has anybody got plans to go electric or at least put a line of speed under Musk's nostrils and said "Never mind the bloody Testlas, where are the RR/B modification plans!"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1683
Posted on Thursday, 11 October, 2018 - 02:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
I am sure that the future of all classic cars will be electric motor driven. Right now I am converting one of my VW Combi Vans to battery power. When done I will have no petrol engine to worry about and will have stacks of room to put a zillion batteries in the van. It will be easy for any "new driver" to use ( no nuances) and will allow me parking in special parking spots that have free electricity on tap.

The E Type that a certain ginger haired fella in the UK drove on his wedding day was also electric. This is the way forward for all future classic cars as the day will come when petrol will be very hard to buy.

Once I drive my VW van i will see just how impractical it is I am sure.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: