Self driving Uber death in Arizona Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Self driving Uber death in Arizona « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 841
Posted on Tuesday, 20 March, 2018 - 06:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ah yes a woman has been killed by a self driven car in Arizona.

Marvellous and entirely crazy ideas are flowing thick and fast these days.

This is not the first fatality for self driven cars and it certainly is unlikely to be the last.

Self driven cars are a lazy nutbag idea along with flying cars and three legged ducks.

The lawyers will descend like acid driven black bats to see that no flesh remains on the bones of the company responsible.

It will be ugly but comical to the extreme with hideous consequences. Uber may indeed follow bitcoin down the path of certain justifiable doom if it continues to fiddle with self driving cars.

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 151
Posted on Tuesday, 20 March, 2018 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On the subject of 3 legged ducks I am currently experimenting with breeding 3 legged chickens the reason being that I like a leg, the wife likes a leg and our son also likes a leg so it seemed like a practical solution. With regard to the taste of the 3 legged variety I'm unfortunately unable to comment at this point in time as I can't catch the buggers!

Grand Master

Post Number: 842
Posted on Tuesday, 20 March, 2018 - 11:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Kevin, three legged ducks bearing triple drum sticks yum are a better idea than self driving cars skittling innocent people. If you manage to breed three legged ducks I will take three of them.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1815
Posted on Tuesday, 20 March, 2018 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Self driven cars are a lazy nutbag idea along with flying cars"

Like it or not this is progress.
Take the early horseless carriage with the man in front with red flag due to deaths by what ever causes.
Development of the electric light with associated deaths.
Wonderful times we live in now all to do with PROGRESS................

Grand Master

Post Number: 843
Posted on Tuesday, 20 March, 2018 - 19:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If its progress, then it will progress beautifully in courtrooms world wide where companies involved in it will be litigated to extinction.

I still think its a really dopey boring idea and I will never ride in a self driven car.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1816
Posted on Tuesday, 20 March, 2018 - 19:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just don't fly in a safe plane as most now are self driven PROGRESS.....................

Grand Master

Post Number: 844
Posted on Tuesday, 20 March, 2018 - 22:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's true Patrick AND they crash with all their gee whiz on board computers just watch the series Flight Crash Investigations so I don't fly anymore.

Sure I know flying is safer than driving but if you don't fly you won't die in an aircraft crash.

I hate flying anyway, getting treated like a crim getting tested for explosives, searched etc it bloody sucks being crammed inside a tin can for hours with a stack of other people eating crap food to arrive at some stinking third world destination run buy a corrupt inhumane government and having millions of the unwashed eagerly vie for your hard earned cash, bugger that and give me the outback with wide open spaces and few people any day.

Also, bloody cities, hate them too. Just why people even want to live like bloody battery hens stuffed into small apartments where they have to listen to their neighbour's toilet noises and arguments -bugger that totally.

I can't stand neighbours, don't have them don't want them and the only good neighbour is no neighbour.

Nope air travel and self driving cars especially modern flimsy overcomplicated junk when new total yuk yuk and really bloody ugly to the point where they should get the Nobel prize for the most ugly.

Yes I'll take a large 1976 Cadillac or a Rolls Royce driven by myself on a road totally devoid of traffic any day.

Parking spaces how I detest them Patrick just don't get me started on parking spaces Patrick.....

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1442
Posted on Wednesday, 21 March, 2018 - 00:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
Neighbours can be good.
when I was younger and lived in the UK my neighbour had big jugs and was very desirable indeed. We both benefited a great deal as a consequence of being neighbours. I support having neighbours like that - in fact I cant get enough of them....
Now someone please translate what jugs are to those who dont know that they are....

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Wednesday, 21 March, 2018 - 01:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, Cider time me thinks.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Wednesday, 21 March, 2018 - 01:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

big time mate.....

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2852
Posted on Wednesday, 21 March, 2018 - 08:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Jugs" aka "boobies or boobs", "tits", "norgs", "shoulder boulders", "hooters" and many other local variations.

Most important thing to remember is "what doesn't fit in the mouth is wasted" .

Some more variants can be found on the following link:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body/a47859/101-different-names-boobs/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: