Update on Benny - NBG 15389 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Update on Benny - NBG 15389 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 218
Posted on Wednesday, 28 February, 2018 - 09:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys, long time no speak. I think some of you know I have not been well for a while now. I spent 2 weeks including Christmas in hospital and it's only now I am starting to feel much better with good signs of my legs healing! Now I am returning to the internet as it has been the last thing on my mind.

My Bentley is with http://www.acdc.net.au/ (nice web pages) to have the A/C fixed, it's a long slow job as it appears the harness has been quite badly damaged by various Mechanics digging at the wiring prior to me owning the car thus probing and breaking many wires. My Bentley is in the workshop for an unknown period of time as it's being worked on on when the shop has some downtime, this was agreed to to save me a considerable amount of money. I tried to get Phil here in Harden to fix the A/C but he didn't have the time. My historic rego has now run out so I will need to see Phil about that with him being the ACT club Registrar.

I will try to keep you informed as soon as I hear any signs of progress.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1852
Posted on Wednesday, 28 February, 2018 - 19:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great to hear from you Alan.

I am very glad that after your years of hardship, your legs are on the mend.

Congratulations mate.

Also looking forward to hearing about Benny’s A/C job.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2018 - 04:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

glad you are better Alan.
All the best mate.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 336
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2018 - 04:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan,

good to hear you, as well as the Bentley, are getting mobile again.

Keep up the good work.

Benoit

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 939
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2018 - 06:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan glad things are on the turn.

Richard.

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2018 - 08:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan, I am very happy you and Benny are on the mend. Bad enough to be stuck in a hosp. for Christmas. Prayers are on the way for wellness.

Mark

Alan Ford
Prolific User

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2018 - 11:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks very much guys, your thoughts and well wishes are muchly appreciated by both Benny and I. ;)
I dropped in to see Phil today but he must have been out somewhere, I will keep trying until I find him.

One good thing that came from me being hospitalized was they found I had Atrial-Fibrillation. It turned out that my Venous Ulcers might not have healed if that heart problem wasn't caught. I am now happy to say I am making very good progress health wise - fingers crossed.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1908
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2018 - 13:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Best Wishes Alan - it's good to hear you are making progress.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1853
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2018 - 20:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You will also be on that motor bike of yours in no time mate.

Alan Ford
Prolific User

Post Number: 220
Posted on Thursday, 01 March, 2018 - 21:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Patrick the Trumpy outfit is completed and good to go. I will get myself a bit better yet and then it's off to rego :-) At least that's the plan as it stands today.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1854
Posted on Saturday, 03 March, 2018 - 05:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’ll have to come and be your first side car passenger Alan.

Alan Ford
Prolific User

Post Number: 221
Posted on Monday, 05 March, 2018 - 09:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hahahha Patrick, I wouldn't be so quick to volunteer just yet mate. Although I am a very experienced rider I have yet to have my first lesson with the chair attached. :-)

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1860
Posted on Monday, 05 March, 2018 - 19:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We are all looking forward to that day Alan.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: