How to give tobacco the flick using a... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » How to give tobacco the flick using alcohol « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 791
Posted on Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 08:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I desperately wanted to get off tobacco. Today here to purchase a 50 gram packet of roll your own is around $62 to $70 and at the same time to buy the same thing in Cambodia its $3 so you know the thieving government has its sticky fingers right in your wallet.

This time around I have been smoking about just over a pack a week for 22 years. I have tried everything for nicotine replacement patches, to Zyban (bloody dangerous but available on prescription from doctor) to Champix in my case totally ineffectual. I made many many attempts to get off tobacco but it really is a nasty bugger to kick.

So here is my method and don't try it unless you have good health and body that can handle days of drunkenness without getting alcoholic poisoning.

So first you take holidays to reduce your stress rate. Then get rid of all your tobacco and smoking paraphernalia.

Then start making your way through 120 cans of full strength beer (around 6 %).

Now at some point because alcohol and nicotine are great mates you will get an insane desire to have a cigarette. This it your attack point. Right at this time increase your drinking rate. Hurl the bastard down with wild abandon. Don't worry about vomiting because the more you chuck out the more alcohol you can get down.

So after a few days you will find yourself all twisted up but you will be over the physical dependence on nicotine.

But here is the kicker. One puff of tobacco and you will eventually be getting back on it so if you get to this stage don't even think about having a puff.

Well it worked for me so I thought I would share it.

Maxwell Heazlewood
Prolific User
Username: tasbent

Post Number: 133
Posted on Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 09:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir....I can empathise with you on this.
I went though a similar scenario over 30 years
ago after going through nearly three packs a day!
back then i only ever smoked Dunhill, Chesterfield (as good as legalised dope)and camel in the soft pack.
It was during the America's Cup here in Oz at the time and I decided there and then to ditch the nicco
habit....picked up by 3/4 full packet of Dunhill and along with my gold plated electronic lighter threw the lot into the fire and watched the wicked green/purple flames erupt.
BTW....wine is much better than all that beer, it's at least 14% and won't rip out your stomach lining

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 125
Posted on Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 10:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Funny thing with addiction is that when you think you've overcome it you're actually at your most vulnerable. When you say "it worked" it means that you think you have won the battle but that's when your guard drops. Better to say "it's working at the moment" as that means that you realise that a constant threat is lurking behind the scenes just waiting to pounce at your weakest moment. Being ever aware and vigilant of this threat is the key to staying smoke free a moment at a time. Most people who think they have won do not have the awareness that a lapse is perpetually threatening and waiting patiently for the opportune time to strike, hence the need to keep up the fight rather than think the fight is won. Over time the urges weaken but it takes a long time, meanwhile be on your guard.

StevenBrown
Frequent User
Username: stevenbrown

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 11:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not sure if these are available in Australia, etc. But I stopped smoking cigarettes via those "electric" cigarettes. We call it vaping and it works well. Just do a search and check them out. If legal down under, UK, etc. I like the Invoking (sp?) Endura T18 or 22 models. Have both. With all the flavors, its kind like pipe smoking and cigarettes at the same time. The trick is not buying regular smokes and just vape all day. By about two days. Cigarettes will no longer control you! Draw back you are still a nicotine addict.

a link: https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/endura/

StevenBrown
Frequent User

Post Number: 92
Posted on Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 11:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is the retailer I use. https://www.mtbakervapor.com/#gref

Googled and found this in Australia: https://vapestreet.com.au/

Its a little bit Millennial childish. But it works very well.

I recommend this model. Same one I bought my mother and 90 year old great aunt. Both smokers most of their adult lives.

https://vapestreet.com.au/collections/innokin-e-cigarette-kits/products/innokin-endura-t20s-kit

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1632
Posted on Tuesday, 19 December, 2017 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vaping is very decadent.
Does one dress for the occasion in a vaping waistcoat.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 803
Posted on Tuesday, 19 December, 2017 - 11:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I fail to see vaping as a good thing if you are still addicted to the bloody nicotine. I wanted that mongrel of a drug out of my system because the only reason I believe I smoked was to get rid of the horrid withdrawal urges you get when you stop cold turkey.

In a fairer world of course the managing directors and ceos of tobacco companies would be put up against the nearest wall and shot as they know they are killing lots of people and don't give a bugger. Actually, a quick execution is too good for them - eh something like permanent maiming with relentless torture would be closer to the mark.

StevenBrown
Frequent User

Post Number: 96
Posted on Thursday, 21 December, 2017 - 04:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All the cool kids are vaping now. You can dial back the nicotine, so its quitting made easy! I just like all the flavors available. Its like "modern" pipe smoking.