Proposed 2019 Australian Visit Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Proposed 2019 Australian Visit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2666
Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 07:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am hoping to organise an Australian visit in 2019 - to keep costs under control given our "tyranny of distance" group bookings will be advisable. Co-ordinating the visit with the Federal Rally would help in this regard.

Having travelled the length and breadth of Australia over the years [the only significant places still on my "bucket list" are the tip of Cape York, Lord Howe and Norfolk Islands] plus having owned and operated a travel agency, I am able to advise on possible locations of interest to visit to suit specific wishes of participants.

Without any commitment, I would appreciate prospective attendees contacting me by a message through the forum with information on where they would like to visit and their individual interests so I can begin initial planning.

http://au.rrforums.net/cgi-bin/forum/board-profile.pl?action=sendmsg&to=david_gore&db=passwd

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1681
Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 20:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How can I assist you with this David.

Happy to help you with this mate.

David Gore

Post Number: 2669
Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 21:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Patrick,

We will work well together - we cannot really do much until the 2019 Rally organising committee are appointed or we get enough interest in the meantime to make going independent viable.

A lot will depend on how much time our visitors are able to spend here - we have to be careful to avoid trying to do too much in too short a time with excessive time spent travelling.

We will need to develop possible visit and sight-seeing options and survey prospective attendees to see what appeals to them.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1683
Posted on Saturday, 16 September, 2017 - 06:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sounds good David,
I will be back in a month when we can get together for a coffee at my work.
We can start making plans.
Looking forward to it already.

Brian Crump
Prolific User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 166
Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2017 - 17:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The 2019 Rally Committee has been appointed and planning is well under way. If you would like the contact email in QLD, then please send me a pm David and you will be able to get a first hand update to assist in your planning.
Regards,
Brian

David Gore

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Monday, 18 September, 2017 - 14:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian,

Have sent you a PM - early days and input, advice, comments etc will be gratefully appreciated.

Regards
David