Cigar smoke Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Cigar smoke « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Howlett
Prolific User
Username: bobhowlett

Post Number: 155
Posted on Sunday, 10 April, 2016 - 13:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

After celebrating my Mum and Dads 56 year wedding anniversary we decided to take the roller to the local tobacco shop and bought 3 $20 stogies,one for each of us .holly crap what an experience .Being a smart ass, I went first pushing the cigar lighter in the right hand door lighter and guess what it worked ..after a couple of sucks like a regular cigarette I was coughing blood all the way home Boy anyone that smokes these are better "men or women" than I'll ever be ..cheers

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 458
Posted on Sunday, 10 April, 2016 - 14:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert you are supposed to puff on cigars not inhale them!

Robert Howlett
Prolific User

Post Number: 156
Posted on Sunday, 10 April, 2016 - 15:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

cheers Vladimeir yeah worked that one out really fast.phew they are strong stuff,

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 483
Posted on Sunday, 10 April, 2016 - 18:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert I thought one day I will try these cigar lighters and see if they work pushed the thing in and after a few seconds not being a smoker I stuck my finger against it and ouch it did work. (silly old fool)

Richard.

ChristopherCarnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 5.80.54.23
Posted on Sunday, 10 April, 2016 - 19:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pablo Casals, the great cellist declared that a cigar was more jealous than a woman.

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Kilkenny
Prolific User
Username: john_kilkenny

Post Number: 233
Posted on Tuesday, 12 April, 2016 - 18:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke.(Rudyard Kipling)

Robert Howlett
Prolific User

Post Number: 157
Posted on Tuesday, 12 April, 2016 - 19:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It sure is ,,If my wife found out that I spent $60 dollars on cigars when there's bills to pay there would have been a lot of smoke, fur and chopped into small pieces and placed in the freezer ..

cheers

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 928
Posted on Wednesday, 13 April, 2016 - 01:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I used to smoke some small, but strong, cigars I could buy in Belgium in boxes of 50 for less than the UK price for 20 fags! The only time I bought those kind of huge 'Churchillian' cigars it proved to be a complete waste of money. They tasted just like a never ending mild cig and were totally disappointing. However I started to get my hand rolling tobacco for far less in the UK than even any EU prices so there was no incentive to go across the Channel/North Sea due to the high travel costs.

Then my cardiac surgeon read me the riot act and threatened to cut off all medical assistance if I continued to smoke anything. I stopped cold turkey. In 6 months I plopped on over 2 and a half stone and my overall health plummeted. On the assumption that the obesity would be a greater strain on my system than a bit of tobacco I took up smoking again. Much the same kind of raw tobacco, but I now stuff it into a pipe before lighting it. My previous tobacco consumption ran at 150 - 200 grams per week when hand rolling smokes with filter tips. In the pipe, and not smoking until I've had my main meal of the day (usually between 5:00pm and 7:00pm, but occasionally much later), 250 grams lasts me 5 - 6 weeks!. In that first few weeks I've shaved off 9 lbs (4.5 kilos) and can put my socks on without sitting down again.

Result!

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 964
Posted on Friday, 15 April, 2016 - 07:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can't understand why people smoke.

It's not the health consequences, but why smoke it just makes no sense.

Same as fat people. There's is no such disease or condition that causes 99.9 % of fat people to be fat.

I sometimes have breakfast and not eat till breakfast the next day. Not on purpose, I was busy and or I didn't fancy the food on offer, sometimes I just eat half a bag of chips for a snack and that's all.

This allows me to sometimes to eat things like beef Wellington.
But again just a normal size portion.

Actually my problem is the opposite, every time I go below 12 stone the doctor recommends a fry up or its hospital. So every Sunday I have beans black pudding fried bread eggs and bacon. Get yer laughing gear around that lot. I spend an hour eating it washed down with 1/2 pint of tea followed by a glass of pure orange juice and that does it until 8pm which is a Cadburys cream egg and a cup of coffee.

On the Simpsons there was a grossly fat morbidly Mexican kid called Diabeto. I still chuckle over that.

Bob Reynolds
Grand Master
Username: bobreynolds

Post Number: 384
Posted on Friday, 15 April, 2016 - 15:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"I can't understand why people smoke.
It's not the health consequences, but why smoke it just makes no sense."

It's an addiction. I think most people start just out of curiosity; thinking they won't be impressed but they've got to try it. But it only needs a few puffs to become hooked.

I realised this at an early age and never tried it.