TA93 is alive and running again Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Phantom I, II & III » TA93 is alive and running again « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Toet
New User
Username: peterpackard

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, 09 February, 2015 - 17:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all, My old friend Bob Skillen had a wonderful Phantom 11, 93TA, which he purchased from Percy Markham in 1975. I knew the car well and much admired it. It passed through a number of non-combatants until I purchased it a month or so ago, with 3,131 original miles recorded. The low mileage is misleading as it has inherited so nasty lack of use maladies, which I am gradually correcting. I have now done over 100 miles in the car and am developing a rapport with it's attention needs. I look forward to putting many miles onto this piece of artwork and would like to share this with fellow members.TA93 .....a genuine survivor...

Peter Toet
New User
Username: peterpackard

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, 17 May, 2015 - 17:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all....especially anyone who has access to this. I have replaced the road tyres and have had to blow out the radiator and block again due to corrosion product making it's way from the block to the radiator tubes. I have now fitted a temporary filter between the block and the radiator to gather any corrosion materials before they infest the radiator core. It is almost winter and i'm certain that I shall have no difficulty with the cooling. I am enjoying driving this impressive Motor. I have flushed out the Bijur system and have developed a maintenance regime with regard to the clutch release bearing lubrication. The clutch release bearing was replaced in 1976 with 42 years and approx 3,000 miles of use. It was a challenge to find a competent tyre fitter for the wheels but this is sorted. i shall keep the Forum posted. I have attempted to upload a photo of the temporary filter without success. I shall try again at some other time...very frustrating. Best Regards, Peter Toet

Randy Roberson
Frequent User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 876
Posted on Thursday, 16 June, 2022 - 02:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Beautiful car, would enjoy any updated information available.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4099
Posted on Thursday, 16 June, 2022 - 08:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,

Please email your photo to me and I will post it on your behalf and send you a guide to how this was done.

Please email it to:

drh14434@yahoo.com.au

Mark Herbstreit
Frequent User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, 16 June, 2022 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Still going strong at Canberra 2022

93ta

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: