Battery charging on a 1930 20-25 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Small Horsepower » Battery charging on a 1930 20-25 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JohnWilson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 216.209.196.143
Posted on Wednesday, 07 September, 2022 - 13:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would like some help with understanding how components are used for regulating battery charging in GLR5. I find the red RROC 20-25 handbook difficult to understand as it covers so many changes. Fig 33 opposite chapter IV pg 62 shows the wiring diagram for GLRs. There are no details about the "automatic switch" on the distribution and fuse box board. GLR5 has a three terminal dynamo (pg 127) and a two cylinders in the distribution box. Presumably one is a regulator, the other a resistor. I do not see a separate cut out on the car or the circuit diagram. There is a separate resistor mounted above the distribution box on the firewall.
It will be much appreciated if someone can provide a link or detailed information on the regulating/cutout circuit used in this model with the third brush dynamo.
I need to find out why the battery is not being charged.
Thanks in advance for any help.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: