CD changer cartridge Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » CD changer cartridge « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Experienced User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, 01 August, 2008 - 19:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear list,

My newly acquired 1994 Continental R has the OEM alpine sound system with a 6 CD changer in the central glovebox. Unfortunately the cartridge for the charger is not in the car.

Does anybody know what is the Alpine reference of this audio system? I did not take it apart to see what is written in the underside nor did I find any reference on the top of the charger or the face of the head unit.

Could it be any of these? CHA-S634,-S624,-S614,-S604,-S605, CHM-S630,-S620,-S611.

Otherwise, do you know which CD changer will adapt?

Thanks,

Lluís

Stephe Boddice
Frequent User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 66
Posted on Friday, 01 August, 2008 - 23:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lluis,

On my 1996 model there is no reference number on the cassette box or the cartridge. On the face of the radio unit in the dashboard, beneath the LED window, is the following script: -

Cassette Receiver 30wx4 TDA-7537R 4i-NET

Even if this is a later version it should help in tracing back to the model used in 1994.

SB

(Message edited by Stephe Boddice on 02 August 2008)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1421
Posted on Saturday, 02 August, 2008 - 00:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If yours looks like this, it is almost certainly an Alpine 5957S. They are common top range items still available anywhere, including on the dreaded EBay:

application/pdfAlpine 5957S Changer
Alpine5957S.pdf (65.6 k)

RT.Alpine 5957S Changer

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1423
Posted on Saturday, 02 August, 2008 - 00:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ps: the earlier Continental Rs have the Alpine 5952S, then came the 5957S, and later the 5960S.

They all look much the same and are interchangeable. Loads of manufacturers, from BMW to Lincoln and more, used these, so scrapyards must have them.

http://www.partstore.com/ModelSearch.aspx?MfgName=Alpine+Electronics+Inc&BrandName=Alpine&ShowAllModels=true&page=4

RT.

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Experienced User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, 04 August, 2008 - 03:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you very much, it's exactly like that. I went to an alpine dealer and ordered the cartridge, which has the alpine internal reference N° 4509. I hope it works.

Best regards.