Refurb needed on timberwork in Spirit... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Refurb needed on timberwork in Spirit (doors) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Hutton
Experienced User
Username: gph

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2019 - 08:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello brains trust. (I have already tried to start this thread but it seems to have crashed) in any event due to the sage advice garnered on this forum, and after a long and exhaustive search i have finally agreed to purchase. Silver Spirit .
Interestingly, the car I bought (am buying) is way more expensive than I had in mind. It was the advice and suggestions from you all here that prompted me to go with type best I could justify / afford.
Anyway , to my issues, there are a couple of “minor” cosmetic issues which need attention.
1. The timber work on the doors, while the actual timber is in very good condition, the finish on the top part (front passenger especially) is peeling / lifting. Who would / should i look to for repair on this? I am based in SEQ (Bayside Brisbane) so close enough to GC or BNE.
2. The vanity mirrors in the rear are showing age spots , those little black spots which indicate the slivering on the back of the glass is deteriorating, maybe they can be refurbed as well? Or is a straight replacement a better option?

Once again folks, my sincere thanks for all of the good advice i have received from you all on my journey.
Once the purchase and transfer has been concluded (I’m guessing a couple of weeks due to the interruption of easter and ANZAC day) i shall post some photos and more detail on the history of the car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert J. Sprauer
Prolific User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 257
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2019 - 08:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The rear vanity glass is standard mirror stock. Carefully read how to remove the complete assembly (Hint: you have to pull outward the front leading edge of the frame away from the fabric and then pull forward) Note the wiring or take pics.
Door caps should be done professionally by someone who has done RR caps. Do it once and do it right. Its very easy to sand thru the very thin veneer. They are easily shipped.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: