How not to sleep on the grass - an ex... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » How not to sleep on the grass - an example of and antic. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1613
Posted on Friday, 06 September, 2019 - 10:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had to travel to my nearest town to have a time wasting yak with a government inspired and paid fool.

Yes so after I left her rolling around the floor laughing at my antics to date I spent another day and night sober which caused me to go definitely partially insane.

I detest having to buy booze at a bar anymore because the governmental fleecing is large on purchased beer and I have 120 litres of beer ready for bottling today.

However, the Toad was on my shoulder and he demanded I have at least two beers and two lead to three and three lead to $200 worth of guzzlement.

And then I had to walk 4 kilometres to a free bed offered by a local businessman.

It all was going well until I grew quite tired and noticed a lovely little patch of grass to nap on.

And then I realised I was laying in the most vicious patch of prickles down under.

If you do the same thing here is a tip. You simply throw your clothes away because you can never remove all the prickles.

Nasty.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 936
Posted on Friday, 06 September, 2019 - 10:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sounds like every inch on my land, but it is getting much better. You can see from end to end now. But if you were to lay down on my land I'm sure there are enough barbed prickles to tell you just did an unwise thing. Next time bring a cooler full of that homemade brew.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2956
Posted on Friday, 06 September, 2019 - 10:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad,

And you wonder why I don't regret not having antics!

Brian

Prolific User

Post Number: 1614
Posted on Friday, 06 September, 2019 - 10:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian it had to be done, it was my destiny, it was essential.

Mike I never saw prickles in Texas but then again I was mostly in my motel room whooping it up with a very coloured Texan woman.

However, in Florida inland from Gainesville I did come across some really nasty prickle bushes which I am pleased not to have here.

Last time I went mushroom picking outside of Kuybuishev Russia in Autumn I got stung by poison ivy but that was nothing compared to these Aussie prickles.

All that aside the worst vegetation I ever saw was razor sharp leaves on trees south of Darwin in the Northern Territory. These trees may as well had razor blades instead of leaves.

Run through that bush without long selves on and I would say you would bleed to death in a kilometre.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 938
Posted on Friday, 06 September, 2019 - 12:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All day today I was battling the thorns on the trees I was cutting down, and the branches. These trees are not content on thorns just being on the branches, but everywhere. I was wearing 1 to 2 inch thick rubber boots and kept stepping on these thorns going up into my feet. Real fun job.

throns

Everything down here in Texas has thorns, trees, vines, and bushes. Every inch of my arms have scratches and cuts.

Prolific User

Post Number: 1615
Posted on Friday, 06 September, 2019 - 20:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike those thorns look as nasty as a jap car.

I have just crossed a return to Texas off my bucket list.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2147
Posted on Saturday, 07 September, 2019 - 05:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chaps,

I think we are going to see more antic examples from Vlad coming up very soon, as his home brew comes on line.

How many litres did you say the first batch is Vlad?

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 294
Posted on Saturday, 07 September, 2019 - 07:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad, your desire to nap upon the grass reminded me of the song "The Scotsman". It ALWAYS brings a smile to my face.

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoUV5d09JZw

Prolific User

Post Number: 1616
Posted on Saturday, 07 September, 2019 - 08:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick only 120 litres so also I must now get a still.

Mark, lovely song mate, I will have to sing that to my best mate, Kelly, The Mad Scot.

He has not been to my place in years having run back to his own home down south with a woman but he did leave about 100 empty whisky bottles at my place up upon the wood near the top of the ceiling.

I had a session the other night and day with 90 wee cans of ale and when I woke up I noticed a lot of smashed glass on the floor and my cooking shelf.

They were scotch bottles. Obviously Kelly was drinking with me in spirit.

I have investigated the matter and can find no reason why the bottles fell and I definitely am no believer in mumbo jumbo but it is a bit spooky.

Brian it's like this mate: I am here for a good time not a long time.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3457
Posted on Saturday, 07 September, 2019 - 08:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,

In the 1970/1980's, my Uncle was the Commanding Officer of the Australian Army Reserve 41 Batallion based in Northern NSW which was a unit with a Scot heritage dating back to pre-WW1.

Formal regimental dress included a kilt and parades on the occasions when this was to be worn always included a check by the C.O. to see that the troops were "regimentally dressed" [i.e. no underwear beneath the kilt].

There was a prescribed punishment for anyone found "undressed" but he never told me what it was; I think it involved application of a mixture of "Brasso" [brass polish containing denatured alcohol] and black boot polish to the "hidden" appendage and adjacent regions!! This was also a regular feature of high school Army cadet units in the 1960's.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: