Rolls-Royce Owners Club of Australia,... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » RROCA News, Events and Booking Forms » Rolls-Royce Owners Club of Australia, Centennial World Tour « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anthony & Amanda van der Vliet
Yet to post message
Username: ant_and_amanda

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 03 February, 2004 - 21:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well, it is early February, and not very long till the start of the Australian modules of the Centennial World Tour. Amanda and I are getting quite excited. We have booked for the second module, (Brisbane) onwards, and I am busy getting our car, ('65 Silver Cloud III) ready for the long trip.

Between Christmas and New Year, we did a run up to Narrabri, from Newcastle, as I was a little wary of any overheating problems. No such worries. In 42 to 44 degrees, at 120 to 130kph, (risking 'Double Demerits'), and the Air Con on full, (Mum was complaining in the back, how cold it was getting, wrapped in shawl and scarf), it performed faultlessly. What a confidence boost. Now for some fine adjustments of minor items such as head/fog light aim and the like, a full general service, and a final 'Spit and Polish', and we are on our way for what we believe will be an experience of a lifetime.

We haven't heard much about whom, from our branch, (NSW), is going along on the tour or will be there at Melbourne. If anyone has any information, and doesn't mind posting it here, it would be interesting to know. It would also be nice to hear what others are doing, and thinking/feeling on the lead up to the tour.

Otherwise, we hope to see you at Feb's meeting, on tour or at Melbourne.

Cheers and Happy Motoring, Ant. and Amanda.
}}
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 188
Posted on Tuesday, 03 February, 2004 - 22:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome Anthony and Amanda,

I hope this will be the first post of many about the Centennial World Tour - the first section in New Zealand will be underway by now.

We will be discussing the NSW Branch welcome to the participants when the Tour arrives in Sydney at our Committee meeting next Tuesday. There are some of our members already in NZ on the Tour however, as I do not have the full list, I will not try to list them in the hope that someone with a list of participants can provide this information for you.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: