Wanted: Silver Shadow brake distribut... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Wanted: Silver Shadow brake distribution valves « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marc B
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 124.182.47.107
Posted on Thursday, 25 February, 2010 - 08:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,
I'm currently looking for a pair of brake distribution valves with link rods for a 1973 Silver Shadow(unsure of chassis number). Any help in where I should be looking would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Marc

(Message approved by david_gore)

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 540
Posted on Thursday, 25 February, 2010 - 18:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Marc - Where are you?

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, 26 February, 2010 - 09:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Marc

Take a look here, you may find something

Kevin

http://introcar.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Bentley_T1___Rolls-Royce_Silver_Shadow_I.html

Marc B
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 124.182.180.131
Posted on Friday, 26 February, 2010 - 08:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Perth, WA. However the car is in New Zealand.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 541
Posted on Friday, 26 February, 2010 - 19:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Marc,

What's wrong with yours?

I'd have some used ones £100 each. What do you mean by the link rods though?

Unfortunately they are not overhaulable.

Marc B
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 124.182.20.59
Posted on Saturday, 27 February, 2010 - 08:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin, I have checked that site and they do have them however 400 pounds each seems a bit steep to me.
Paul, the link rods I'm talking about are the links that go to the valve plunger, I haven't actually seen this just going on what I've been told needs replacing. I'm not entirely sure what the problem with the valves is. The car is at a mechanic back in NZ and this is what I've been told needs replacing, however they're having trouble sourcing parts back there which leads me here.
I bought the car just before Christmas and it turns out the brakes stop working after about 5mins of driving and the rear suspension doesn't work at all. So after 2 months in the workshop this is what they've come back to me with.
Thanks for the quick responses so far.

Marc

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 542
Posted on Saturday, 27 February, 2010 - 19:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Marc - Nightmare! Nothing worse than hearing the mechanic has little idea of what's wrong.

Can we assume that he has got 2000 psi at the both accumulators? It's possible that the self levelling not working may be a completely different problem to the brakes, the suspension may not have worked for years.

The valves do go wrong, and we usually fit used valves without any problem. The rods (pins) that operate the valves do rust away to nothing and we have had to replace them as well. I'd have them to.

The valves are very expensive, but I can't see any benefit of new over used. (There's not much to fail in them)

Marc B
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 60.228.250.79
Posted on Sunday, 28 February, 2010 - 08:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul, I spoke to a relative and yeah the rods have rusted away so will need replacing. If I could get the valves and pins off you that would be great.
My e-mail is marcbrady.nz@hotmail.com if that's easier. I would need a price including shipping to New Zealand.
As for what the problem actually is, I guess only time will tell.

Marc

Marc B
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 121.215.135.78
Posted on Tuesday, 09 March, 2010 - 20:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul, I'm still waiting to hear from you in regard to posts above, are you still alive?

Marc

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 544
Posted on Wednesday, 10 March, 2010 - 10:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Marc, please check your emails.

Cheers, Paul.