Wanted: Bentley T2 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Wanted: Bentley T2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Lane
Yet to post message
Username: rmlane

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, 28 September, 2009 - 13:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A rather rare beast, unfortunately, but I’m after an Australian delivered Bentley T2.

Excellent mechanical condition and a solid service history would be required, but a concourse exterior is not expected or a particular advantage – I’m planning to use the car as daily transport.

I’d also consider a T1, especially if the front suspension & steering have been fettled or updated to T2 spec.

Mobile: 0414 415 110
Email: richard <at> lane.id.au

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 132
Posted on Tuesday, 29 September, 2009 - 21:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard,

There is a T2 Continental Convertible out at Garth Selig's last time I was there, was for sale. I helped fit new speakers to the radio as the old ones had given up the ghost. Mechanically it was quite tidy. I saw it advertised in this months Bentley Drivers Club magazine.

Marty

Richard Lane
New User
Username: rmlane

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 30 September, 2009 - 11:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll be driving the car in all weather, if I had a convertible I'd prefer not to get it wet.

I'm also under the impression that the convertibles are substantially more expensive that the saloons, which is a factor.

I'll try and find a copy of the BDC magazine, however, as there may be things advertised there that would suit. I'm thinking that given the rarity of the T-series I should probably also consider a Mulsanne S or Turbo R. Has to be a quad-headlight version, of course :-)

Omar M. Shams
Frequent User
Username: omar

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, 20 October, 2009 - 02:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,
Surprisingly, my friend in Dubai has an Australian spec Silver Wraith II that he wants to sell. I remeber seeing the car some ten years ago with QLD plates before it was registered in Dubai. If you are interetsed I will connect you directly with him.