Mark VI starter Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Mark VI starter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Bailie
New User
Username: davidb

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, 29 September, 2008 - 16:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone have or know where I can get (preferably in Australia) a Starter Drive Gearbox assembly for a Mark VI?
The Starter Motor itself is OK.
Thanks,
David Bailie

Mark Taxis
New User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, 30 September, 2008 - 14:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David
I may have one of these in my spares locker at home, but unfortunately I am away until mid November. If you have no luck let me know and I will check when I get home
Regards
Mark

David Bailie
New User
Username: davidb

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, 30 September, 2008 - 20:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the reply Mark, if I can't get going before then I will contact you.
Regards,
David

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Thursday, 25 December, 2008 - 18:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, Be aware that Bob Chapman has now produced a modified Nippondenso starter for these cars. I have not seen one and no doubt they do not look like the original. But if the alternative is no starter ..... they are bloody heavy to crank and neither of us is getting any younger. I presume you are aware that RR changed to Nippondenso in 1987. The new ones are streets ahead of the old Lucas are much smaller more powerful and far more reliable.