1966 Bentley T1 parts for sale Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » 1966 Bentley T1 parts for sale « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Rothwell
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.137.251.141
Posted on Sunday, 07 September, 2003 - 19:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

1966 6.2 V8, good running order except for one noisy lifter when cold, and noisy cam on startup.
Will be sold as complete block and heads, no ancilliaries unless arranged otherwise.

4 speed GM auto, missing second and fourth when cold, but runs fine when hot. Will be sold without electric shifter unless arranged otherwise.

Please make an offer for any of the above, or let me know what other parts you need, as I have a complete car which I will be regrefully dismantling.

William H. Trovinger II
Frequent User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, 08 September, 2003 - 02:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jon;

Does it have picnic tables?

Jon Rothwell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, 08 September, 2003 - 08:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes it does, have a look at the car at
http://www.nw-limo.com there is an email link on the site so you can contact me directly.

Jon

Richard Treacy
Prolific User
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, 08 September, 2003 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What a shame. Have you given up on the restoration completely ?

Jon Rothwell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, 08 September, 2003 - 22:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes, sadly the body seems to have been too badly damaged by rust.
Although the brake modifications were passed by WA police and my insurance company, I have no faith in the body structure due to the huge amount of concealed rust.
It is a great pity, but the value of the car is pretty much nil due to its' condition, and the amount I need to spend to make the car right is huge.
At the moment the car looks to have been sold complete to be dismantled, and I am still considering my options as I really do like this car, but at the end of the day economics may prevail.
It is a great pity to see a fine car like this dismantled, but at least the dismantling of this car will help other Rolls Royce cars to stay on the road longer.

Jon

Bill Coburn
Prolific User
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, 09 September, 2003 - 09:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jon

My condolences. And I forsee in 50 years time enthusiasts recounting how you 'wrecked' that beautiful car. Common sense must prevail. There is a very early Ghost in Canberra which had been dismantled and distributed to the four windsmany many years ago. The current owner actually found the chassis minus a few cutouts, supporting somebody's garage shelving! Every skerick has been salvaged and reconstruction started. It would be quite beyond me, but as one of our members pointed out if you found 6 genuine spark plugs they could well be the start of another 6 Ghosts. Now to get you a better car eh!

Jon Rothwell
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, 09 September, 2003 - 19:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Bill.

I am fortunate in that I always thought of this as a project car, it has been a good learning curve for me and at the end of the day I have a very generous offer for the car that means I won't lose out on the money I have spent.

When I started stripping the paint off the car I was painfully aware that I might find rust that would be terminal, and it seems that the inner sills are rusted and some differential mounting points have been compromised.
Given the structure of the body that is a major safety issue and would add huge amounts to the cost of the restoration.
It's very sad to have to give up on a project like this, but I won't consider putting the car back on the road unless it is 100% safe to drive.

Selling the Bentley will allow me to concentrate on our 75 Shadow so all is not lost.