DETROIT COUPLING (Ball and Trunnion C... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » DETROIT COUPLING (Ball and Trunnion Coupling) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Balfour
Prolific User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 162
Posted on Thursday, 02 May, 2019 - 00:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, I am seeking part UG3019 which is listed by Flying Spares as NLA. This is the centring button found at each end of the trunnion. The one I have has been machined wrong and likely supplied this way by Rolls-Royce. It is ground to the wrong radius on one end and thus the coupling can pivot off axis to one side but not the other. If I flip the offending button end for end, the directions are reversed of course, on which way the coupling will bend. See below. Anyone who has even a good used one is now my friend. If you are in Australia that would be even better, but to my fellow enthusiasts in other places, all offers will be considered. Beggars can't be choosers wehnn something is NLA. As and aside, does anyone know if the workings are the same as Chrysler one from the late 50s to 70s.Button 5Button 6Button 8

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, 02 May, 2019 - 01:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I forgot to mention that this is for a Silver Cloud II, III, or the early 4 speed Shadows with the Hydramatic gearbox.

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 167
Posted on Saturday, 04 May, 2019 - 20:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've since discovered this part was used right through to Shadow IIs.

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 171
Posted on Friday, 17 May, 2019 - 13:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Update, this part is not the same one used on the ball and trunnion on the drive shafts of all Shadows. They are larger. It is the the same one used on the propshaft of the first Shadows running the 4 speed Hydramatic though.

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 172
Posted on Friday, 17 May, 2019 - 13:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh, and I have located one about 5k's from home. So, no longer seeking one. Thanks to those who tried to assist.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: