Prospective owner looking for Shadow... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Prospective owner looking for Shadow II or Spur « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

GCHADWICK
Posted on Sunday, 30 March, 2003 - 21:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am interested in purchasing a '75 -'85 vintage RR but have little experience (read none) in these esteemed vehicles and am wanting to know all the "traps for beginners". Does the board, or its members, offer a purchasing inspection service or can anyone recommend a truly independent service?

My preference is to purchase a vehicle that is in sound condition without imminent major servicing or repair expenses. Whilst I am reasonably mechanically minded, and perform the majority of my own servicing on my current (small) fleet of vehicles, I am concerned about acquiring a vehicle that is due for hydraulic replacement or other similar problems.

I do not require a locally delivered vehicle just a sound one. If there are any members in Victoria who may have a vehicle for sale, or know of one that fits my requirement, please do not hesitate to contact me at gkc@bigpond.net.au

Finally, with regard to cost, there seems to be a broad range of prices from $20 - $40,000. Is this a reasonable price to pay or should I be looking to pay much more for a car that is not bound for the scrap heap? Thanks in anticipation.