Black Plastic Plug Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Black Plastic Plug « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 526
Posted on Monday, 17 September, 2018 - 16:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Would anyone have a spare Shadow black plastic 7-wire Lucar spade connector plug - the male part that holds the female Lucar terminals - lying around in their spares box?

I've been quoted AU$150 !!!!! from a local wrecker (plus delivery!!!)

I said "um...no".

Unfortunately when I moved house I misplaced the thing. Happy to pay a reasonable sum but if it's close to $150 it must come with a bottle or two of Balvenie...

The part on the left - this is 5 way plug but I need the 7.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1669
Posted on Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 - 01:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Jeff,
I have a 91 Bentley Turbo R that I will take to the crushers yard in the next few days. if it has anything on it that you want let me know. I know the cars are different but someone may know where there my be a connector somewhere on the car that they can guide me. I will then go to it and chop that bit of the loom out and send it to you.

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master

Post Number: 527
Posted on Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 - 07:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you very much for that offer Omar!

The plug I'm looking for is located in the left hand footwell of my car on the door side, although there is probably one or more in the right hand side as well. The Spirit series may well use different connectors but then maybe not.

The only other part I seem to have mislaid in my house move is the small metal plate that screws onto on the inside upper part of the glovebox to hold the button catch closed.

Carl Heydon
Prolific User
Username: car

Post Number: 154
Posted on Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 - 07:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm a bit closer, with SBH4346 willing to provide parts. I'll look later this morn and let you know.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1670
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 04:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

both Carl and I will look.
meanwhile can we have either more photos or better photos? I am not sure I have enough to go on when searching.
Thanks
Omar

Carl Heydon
Prolific User

Post Number: 155
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 07:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here 'tis!

PM your address and it's on it's way.
(Sharp eyed viewers will spot why this is a parts car)

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 07:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeff $150 for one 7pin plug! The robbing swine. Please PM name of wrecker to me so I never waste my time with the fool. Bloody outrageous!

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master

Post Number: 532
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 07:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think these plugs were probably pretty generic on English cars at the time. Even if not there must be thousands of them lying around in wreckers' yards around the world. Strangely enough I've never seen them on eBay - which means many wreckers probably just throw them out.

David Balfour
Prolific User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 11:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey gents are these the connectors available new at:

https://polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/5-Pin-Lucas-wiper-motor-connector-including-terminals-W805.html#SID=53

for the hefty price of £2.90

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 110
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 12:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Would be good if I could count to seven. Sorry I just referred you all to the 5 pin version.

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master

Post Number: 533
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2018 - 15:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Still David, that is a very useful site for all sorts of things.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Thursday, 20 September, 2018 - 10:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nasty! Look what David has posted, and so if you run the figures and say OK, to buy one plug in UK and get it airmailed here perhaps all up the cost would be $12AUD.

Now Jeff was quoted $150AUD plus delivery. The delivery price would be about $20.

Its jolly well a very clear case of mention RollsRoyce and bingo your have said "Shaft me viciously and don't just give me a fair price, just pluck a totally insane price and give that to me"

I did business with a company in Queensland to get a Modification Plate put on my 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood so I could register it. They charged me over $2000 to change the seat belts and give the car a roadworthy and because there is just no way around the mindless red tape and vastly loon laws here I just threw the cash at them.

Then, I asked the same company for a price on freighting my Camargue from New York to Brisbane and was told "$12,000" which I would have paid but first I knew that I would have to lobotomise myself.

So I called the dealer who I bought the car from in NY to get the name of his shipping company and paid some figure between $3000 and $4000 for the shipping.

Ah, the beauty of capitalism - the sheer riff off of it.

Now say after me " Oh its for this rusty old Austin of mine which I am just getting going to use as a paddock basher!"

Yes a necessary, logical fib that must be used unless you fancy profound meat torn from bone fleecement.

David Balfour
Prolific User

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, 20 September, 2018 - 15:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I wonder with a lot of these plastics when someone will draw up a 3D model so I can just run it through my 3D printer. I have not yet learnt to use Blender 3D modelling software, but am pretty sure this type of thing won't be an issue, and should only cost a few dollars. Not only that, but once the 3D models are published, anyone can download anywhere in the world and then anything can be produced on demand from plastic. Eventually even alloys will be printable at home.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 504
Posted on Friday, 21 September, 2018 - 00:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar
I would like the seat memory switches off the poor car you are going to crush please?
Why are you crushing it? I bet it's got less rust on than mine lol.
Cheers
Mike

Carl Heydon
Prolific User

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2018 - 12:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeff,
I messaged you for an address to post the plug to, but it bounced.

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master

Post Number: 535
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2018 - 17:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Carl,
I just sent a PM to you. Let me know if you received it.
cheers,
Jeff

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Friday, 12 October, 2018 - 04:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Michael,
The seat memory switches are an assembly that in the case of this car is all complete and in tact. The whole thing comes as one unit. I have removed this item in the past and have preserved it as a spare. This item will fit 4 of my cars and is good to keep as a spare. Which part of it do you need?

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 510
Posted on Friday, 12 October, 2018 - 21:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Omar .I'll try again to reply this double entry does my head in!
I just didn't want them getting dumped if you can use them fine.
Mine are a bit wonky I had to fit new switches in the buttons. but they do work.
Cheers
Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: