Veneer tradesman needed Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Veneer tradesman needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Experienced User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, 27 June, 2018 - 23:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi again.
Have a couple of picnic tables that i need restored/refurbsihed/veneered.
Any recommended tradesman in Melb preferrable.
Thanks

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 990
Posted on Thursday, 28 June, 2018 - 07:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen, if the other contributors to the forum can't recommend somebody to do your picnic tables, then I would buy the latest copy of Just Cars and Unique Cars.

I have seen a business advertising for work. I can't say about the quality of their work. It is a labour intensive job to do properly and they are on the internet many articles on how to refurbish the veneers if you are mighty game.

Expect to pay big dollars for an excellent job and sensible dollars for a lousy job which may last a year.

Rolls Royce dealerships often have ex Crewe upolstery and wood work tradesmen but the price to get it done through them will be half way to them moon causing you to burst into tears and murder the wife's cat.

I had a 420G Jaguar in Sydney about 12 years ago and the owner previous to me did the job himself and I think from memory there is something like 82 pieces of wood to do which if you got somebody else to do would cost more than the car is worth.

Possibly another avenue would be to contact Flying Spares and see if they have a good second hand set of picnic tables to sell.

Good luck, you are going to need it.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 813
Posted on Thursday, 28 June, 2018 - 07:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen...You will need to go where the specialized/experienced tradesmen are located. Postage/shipping is minimal compared to the cost of the service. Consider Madera Concepts in Goleta, California, USA. Google them. Reputably quality service with price to match.

I am just guessing but perhaps budget a few hundred $ each surface depending on condition at start.

David Hughes
Frequent User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, 28 June, 2018 - 16:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen
Carwood in Victoria have been in business for many years, although I have not used them personally they have a very good reputation, they have also displayed at RR display days.
Best to examine their previous work and check referrals.
Trust that helps.
Regards
David

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 520
Posted on Thursday, 28 June, 2018 - 16:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen Carwood in Melbourne did my car and I'm very happy with the result. They are also known as Jags-R-Us. Google them.

Glen Poolen
Experienced User

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, 19 July, 2018 - 15:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all.

For future veneer tradesman searches on this forum. This is the guy i recommend and have used.

Great price, amazing results, former RR magazine advertiser 20 or so years ago. Still doing great work.

card

before

after

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 197
Posted on Friday, 20 July, 2018 - 09:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Beautiful finish.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 843
Posted on Friday, 20 July, 2018 - 10:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cost?

Glen Poolen
Experienced User

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, 20 July, 2018 - 13:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As to cost, i cant disclose here - its his business to price as he sees fit. suffice to say it was about $1000 cheaper than the estimate provided by the recommended trade here.

Robert J. Sprauer
Experienced User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, 20 July, 2018 - 21:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I use NS Wood Refinishing in PA (usa). Stan Scantlin has been refinishing Bentley/RR for a very long time and has Pebble Beach clients.He also restores the engraved dials around ignition switches. The quality of his work is ..simply outstanding!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: