1990 28,000 miles turbo R for sale in UK Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » 1990 28,000 miles turbo R for sale in UK « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

phil randall
Experienced User
Username: phil_randall

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, 05 April, 2018 - 19:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brooklands green with beige interior, 28,000 miles
one previous owner, i have owned it for 9 years,as an ex formula 1 mechanic i have done all the regular servicing and any other work required to a high standard. new front springs and refurbing the auto ride electrics has also been done.
the underneath was professionally stripped and re-undersealed 3 years ago, including the insides of the doors,wings, boot and bonnet.
it's paintwork and overall condition is excellent.
it also has £3000 worth of top quality stereo discreetly fitted (tuning the sound processor is a hobby of it's own)
based in Northamptonshire

further info and photo's are avaliable via email.
£13,000.
thanks phil

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 207
Posted on Thursday, 05 April, 2018 - 22:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I hope I'm not out of line here but that seems WAY to cheap! Turbo 'R's are on the up and a low mileage one like that must be worth rather more than that surely?

Obviously, if I was in the market for one, my story would be rather different :-)

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1455
Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2018 - 00:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

sadly that is what they are actually worth these days.........

Tony Taylor
New User
Username: ajt

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2018 - 21:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Has anyone bought in UK and imported car back to Australia?

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2018 - 22:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wow ... 9 years !! Where do all the years go :-(

Importing to Australia can be expensive, but as an ex UK resident a friend pre-registers any 30+ year old cars so he's 'owned' them for more than 6 months before he takes them over.

Not sure if this loophole applies to Australian only residents though.

phil randall
Experienced User

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, 06 April, 2018 - 23:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

paul...i'm not sure how to break this news...after reading your 9 years comment i thought i would check my paperwork incase i had got it wrong....i had...you did the pre purchase inspection for me on the 26/07/2006. it seems i'm not as young as i thought either!

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 163
Posted on Saturday, 07 April, 2018 - 00:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Phil, There's a long standing RREC member in France (handle: Jean7) who is interested in your Bentley Turbo R, unfortunately he's not a member of RROCA so can't contact you directly and he's asked me to pass on his email address to you so that ye can discuss it farther. His email address is JaenReymond@Aol.com. I would appreciate if you would make direct contact with him or pass your email address to me so that I can forward it to him and he can take it from there. He's a genuine enthusiast and is very familiar with the Turbo R. Regards, Larry.Kavanagh@hotmail.com

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 168
Posted on Sunday, 15 April, 2018 - 10:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For the benefit of other prospective purchasers Jean Reymond was enquiring on behalf of a friend who did not pursue the deal simply because the car is right hand drive and he preferred LHD as he lives in France. I've seen photos of this car and it looks absolutely immaculate and has an excellent MOT history record. I have absolutely no connection to the seller but was concerned that I might have interfered with the prospects of a sale as a result of my earlier enquiry. If I had the garage space I would seriously consider buying this Bentley TurboR but unfortunately my storage facility is limited. I would recommend that any interested parties should definitely follow up this car.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2047
Posted on Sunday, 15 April, 2018 - 20:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wow. 11 years. . . . That makes it even worse.

You did say you were thinking of keeping it for a while!! Lol 🤗

Jim Martin
New User
Username: londonlhdcentre

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 18 April, 2018 - 04:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Phil, did you sell the car?

phil randall
Experienced User

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, 18 April, 2018 - 04:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jim,
it's not sold as yet.
i have sent you a PM
phil

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: