2 x MK 6 and R Type for sale Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » 2 x MK 6 and R Type for sale « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 222
Posted on Monday, 17 April, 2017 - 15:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Growth of my vintage motorcycle collection and not enough spare time to ride them all has made me come to the decision to sell my collection of Bentleys.

B256MD For Sale MK VI Bentley 1951

Freestone and Webb 6 Light Saloon, ex Peter Limon. Ground up restoration, chassis work by Peter, gearbox and clutch overhaul by Shaun Brown.

Story of the car can be found here:
http://www.kda132.com/martincutler.html

More photos can be found here:
Http://www.weddingcars.com.au

Sun roof not operational, fuel gauge sender not working, front door hinges worn, other than this the car is in very good condition and is a joy to drive.
Located in Sydney, Australia, $40,000. 0408 808 206

B319LH For Sale Bentley MKVI

Standard body sedan ex Henry Pang. Car is export specification with tall diff, large overriders, etc. Car has been modified with air conditioning and alternator. Since purchasing from Henry the following work has been undertaken;

Rust repairs to the box section under both rear doors, rear sunroof drains, boot, bottoms of all doors, sills and sunroof. Rust repairs carried out professionally.
Air conditioning system overhauled now working correctly. New compressor fitted.
Cylinder head professionally overhauled and new head gasket fitted.
Cooling system overhauled.
Fuel pumps overhauled.
Brakes overhauled.
Demister overhauled.

Photos at http://www.weddingcars.com.au
Comes with personalised plates BMK006. Clutch thrust race bearing is noisy, otherwise car is in very good condition.

Car located in Sydney, Australia, $40,000. Phone 0408 808 206

B558TN for sale Bentley R Type Standard Saloon.

Manual gearbox, restoration project. I have collected all the parts to return to good condition including a spare head which has been professionally overhauled. Also included is a spare gearbox in good condition, (first gear worn out on original box). Very minimal rust in the body but it has way too many coats of paint on it, needs stripping and repainting. Interior in presentable condition.
Cooling system cleaned out, comes with many spares.

Car located in Sydney, $20,000. 0408 808 206

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 223
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2017 - 15:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Price reduction on the R Type to $18,000. Any interest?
I'm not advertising it publicly just to the forum.
Cheers
Marty

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 605
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2017 - 19:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Martin...
The Freestone and Webb is very elegant, especially the interior photos. Although certainly not of interest to the wedding crowd, for the forum and other enthusiasts, photos of the engine bay and dash would be welcome. I read the material on KDA website and see that it was quite a monumental task. Seems to have come out nicely though.

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 224
Posted on Monday, 05 June, 2017 - 18:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Christian,

I would love to keep the freestone and Webb, if I can sell the r type it overcomes my space issue. When I look back at the hours involved in building the freestone and Webb it's hard to let it go. I will take some underbonnet shots for you on the weekend.

Carl Heydon
Prolific User
Username: car

Post Number: 136
Posted on Monday, 05 June, 2017 - 18:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Martin,
I would like to see some detail pics of the R-Type if possible?

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 225
Posted on Sunday, 11 June, 2017 - 10:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Carl, I have attempted to upload the photos here but I can't get it to work even after reducing the size. Send me your email address and I will email them to you. My address is martincutler at optusnet.com.au

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 226
Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 17:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

The R Type project car is sold, my MK 6 's are withdrawn from sale.
Cheers
Martin

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 227
Posted on Monday, 22 October, 2018 - 16:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

In the last 12 months I have been riding my bikes more and more, and driving my Bentleys less and less. The time has come to sell. I would be looking at offers around $35,000 for each Mk 6. I am just about to pay for 12 months rego on the Freestone & Webb.

I have enjoyed owning the cars over the last 25 years, it is time for somebody else to enjoy them.

Thanks

Martin

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 236
Posted on Saturday, 01 December, 2018 - 17:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I got the rego papers for B319LH today, due in January. I can’t justify spending $1000 renewing the full rego, so will put it on club plates. I’ll drop the price to $34000 if anybody wants it with full NSW rego.
Cheers
Marty

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 237
Posted on Wednesday, 05 December, 2018 - 17:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

B239LH is the chassis and B319L is the engine number, just realised I’ve been listing the wrong number! Doh! Anyway B239LH is sold and moving to QLD.

Cheers
Marty

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 240
Posted on Sunday, 13 January, 2019 - 18:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I spent the weekend looking in cupboards for a bike part and realised just how many Bentley parts I have collected over the years. If it sweetens the deal these will all go with the Freestone & Webb. I would estimate at least $1000 worth. Spare starter and genny would have to be worth at least half that.

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 241
Posted on Sunday, 10 February, 2019 - 14:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is a list of all the parts that go with the car.
Bentley parts MK6

Wheel rim and tyre
Set of 4 brake drums and shoes
Rear axle
Generator
Starter motor
Exhaust manifolds x 3
Headlamp reflector and glass
Radiator cap and forward leaning mascot
Sump
Rear shock absorbers
Pinion flange with modern seal
Oil filter housing and pipe
Workshop manual
2 sets of c pillar timber inserts with mirrors
Water pump

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 242
Posted on Monday, 08 April, 2019 - 20:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Found a set of rear springs and a set of tail lights to add to the sale.

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 243
Posted on Sunday, 09 June, 2019 - 19:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My Freestone & Webb is on its way to Melbourne. I would like to thank everyone here for all the valuable help over the years

Regards
Marty

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: