1988 BENTLEY EIGHT for sale Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » 1988 BENTLEY EIGHT for sale « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Mitchell
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 20.138.1.245
Posted on Wednesday, 23 February, 2005 - 15:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Metallic Ocean blue with dark blue everflex roof, magnolia hide, excellent condition, just 66,000 km, reg to 02/06, car-phone, all usual Bentley refinements. Can be viewed at North Ryde in Sydney or Umina Beach on Central Coast. Chassis no. SCBZE00A3JCH23414. Hardly driven. Ring Martin on 0422 451 507. Asking only $44,000; must sell.

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Dare
Grand Master
Username: jgdare

Post Number: 200
Posted on Thursday, 24 February, 2005 - 19:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Martin. I visualize a very attractive car. Could you please advise if, to your knowlewdge, the car was originally Australian delivered. Also, the amount of service history that may be available. Although I am not an intending buyer, I frequently receive calls from prospective buyers. Thank you.

Martin Mitchell
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 20.138.1.245
Posted on Thursday, 03 March, 2005 - 11:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John,
Thanks for your interest. The Bentley is indeed a very attractive car. I imported it myself from UK in late 2003 so no compliance plate was required. I understand the perception in the marketplace about imports so I was particularly careful to choose a car which does not suffer from rust. On close inspection, some small spots may be detected but they do not detract from the overall appeal. The previous owner was a British film producer living in Paris so the car was fitted with a dual miles/km speedo, though the odometer reads 41,700 miles. I have an incomplete history of its service, and since I've owned it, John Vawser in Alexandria has maintained it. It is driven only on special occasions, is always garaged, and is in perfect running order. I welcome any enquiries from prospective buyers.

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Dare
Grand Master
Username: jgdare

Post Number: 211
Posted on Saturday, 05 March, 2005 - 19:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Martin and apologies for my belated reply. Your car certainly sounds like one of the finer examples due to your diligence at the time of selection and purchase. Should I have any enquiries I will direct them to you and/or the respected John Vawser.