Rolls Royce tools for sale Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Rolls Royce tools for sale « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 94
Posted on Monday, 27 June, 2016 - 04:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen, I have many tools available for Rolls and Bentley cars. These are bespoke tools; some of them I try to keep in stock, some are made to order. Turnaround is ususally under a week. They are made almost exclusively of stainless alloys.

Here is the brake pump socket appropriate for all SY and SZ cars. $80
brake pump socket
brake pump socket2
brake pump socket3

This socket removes the castle nut on the crank snout for Clouds, Shadows and Spirit/Spurs. $80
crank socket
crank socket2
crank socket3

This socket removes the upper balljoint nut on SY's and SZ's. $80
upper ball joint
upper ball joint
upper ball joint

This 2" socket removes the lower front balljoint on SY's and SZ's. $90
lower balljoint socket
lower balljoint socket2
lower balljoint socket3

Here is the puller for extracting the hub off the crank for Clouds, Shadows and Spirit/Spurs. The threaded shaft is B7 steel and includes new Grade 8 hardware. $80 (or $55 if bought with either rear hub puller. They take the same threaded shaft)
crank hub puller
crank hub puller2
crank hub puller3

This style of rear hub yoke puller is for SY's with Detroit Pots. This can be used on or off the car. $80 or $55 if you get the Crank Hub Puller as well.
Detroit Pot Yoke Puller
Detroit Pot Yoke Puller2

This is the appropriate puller to use on Spirit/Spurs with Lobro rear drives. Includes Metric Grade 10.9 hardware. $80 (or $55 blah, blah).
Lobro hub puller
Lobro hub puller2
Lobro hub puller3

If you are rebuilding your engine, you will need this socket to remove the left hand thread oil flinger retention nut. $90.
Oil Flinger socket
Oil Flinger socket2

I've made an economical front spring compressor for SY's and SZ's This comes with all new grade 8 hardware and bearings. I can provide the 4 lengths of 27" 3/8"-16 or 10mm all-thread but mailing the threaded rod makes the shipping costs exorbitant. If you can source it locally, it'll save you money. $150 (sans all-thread).
spring compressor
spring compressor 2
spring compressor 3
spring compressor 4
spring compressor 5
spring compressor 6

This pair of sockets removes the subframe mounts on SY's and SZ's. $150/pr.
subframe sockets

I made a run these ram wrenches but I only have one left. It fits the teeth on the ram very precisely so if you've already taken an air hammer to your rams, you'll need to get cozy in the boot and fix things first. This will allow you to use ridiculous force to break free even the stickiest of rams. $120
ram wrench
ram wrench 2
ram wrench
}

A word in regards to shipping. I charge only exact shippping costs. Several small tools can fit in a Small USPS Flat Rate Priority Box and ship in the US for $6.80. The Oil Flinger socket, the lower balljoint socket and the spring compressor can fit in a Medium Flat Rate Priority Box for $13.45 and the Ram Wrench can ship in a Large Flat Rate Priority Box for $18.75 or sandwiched between cardboard and shipped First Class for $11.00.
International shipping charges differ, but Small Flat Rate Priority Box charges are usually $34.95. They can ship slower for less money in a regular box.
Bigger parcels are usually best shipped First Class Package International Service and charged by weight.
I shipped one wrench sandwiched between cardboard to Australia for around $22.
This is all as a reference - Please contact me for an exact shipping quote.

Kelly

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2089
Posted on Monday, 27 June, 2016 - 09:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly,

Where were you when I needed these tools when working on DRH14434??? I expect Bill Coburn will endorse this as well.

Your prices are incredibly affordable for tools of this quality and the tools are indispensable for anyone undertaking ongoing DIY maintenance of Shadows and later derivatives. My only reservation concerns the rear hub puller as I doubt it would have removed the recalcitrant hubs on DRH14434 which had corroded during its early life in Northern England due to road de-icing salt penetrating the tapered seat - I made a similar style of puller which did not work, I purchased a 20 ton hydraulic press which also did not work and eventually had to revert to a 200 ton hydraulic press in a mining workshop to separate the yoke and half-shaft.

Well done mate and a special thanks for thinking of all of us and making your tools available for our benefit.

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, 27 June, 2016 - 11:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,
Wow! A 200 ton press?! Those were stuck indeed.
The original final drive hub yokes came off of SRE24700 with one of my pullers with no trauma or drama, but my car had very little evidence of corrosion.
I would think that some heat, penetrating oil, tension and time would release even the stuckest (I'm pretty sure that's a word), of yokes but they are put on with a nut tightened to 500 ft. lbs. Add 40 to 50 years plus ice and salt and one may be in for quite an adventure.
My tools are 100% guaranteed though and I have a many questions asked money back policy .

BTW, I can be anyone's personal machinist. Do you need a special fastener or a spacer? Do you have an idea for something made from scratch or need something copied? Perhaps you need a bore sleeved? Has a vandal tried to remove your antenna bezel with a hammer and screwdriver or vise grips? I can make you a new one from polished stainless and make the socket to install it.
antenna bezelantenna bezel with socket
Feel free to challenge me. Anyone can PM me or send an email to dooskoop@hotmail.com

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1983
Posted on Tuesday, 28 June, 2016 - 01:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly,

. . . or should I say Pandora, you've now opened a box o' potential work for yourself.

These tools are, indeed, spectacular and it's actually nice to know that we have an accomplished machinist who's also a RR enthusiast who's also not trying to charge the price of one's firstborn (if one has one) for straightforward one-off (or kinda one-off) work.

Kudos to you and many blessings on your house!!

Brian

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 277
Posted on Tuesday, 28 June, 2016 - 07:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Magnificent is not good enough to describe these beautifully made tools Kelly.
Amazing quality and they sure would make a great display one anyone's shadow board.

Kelly.
Do you make a grease gun adaptor for the SY cars?
I have an Alemite adaptor for my 25 Chev, but no adaptor for the Shadow.

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, 28 June, 2016 - 08:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick, I think the topic started by our good friend Vladimir titled "Camargue/Shadow Front Suspension" discusses the adaptor you're looking for. McMaster-Carr sells them here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#button-head-grease-gun-fittings/=101l0q

David Gore

Post Number: 2092
Posted on Tuesday, 28 June, 2016 - 08:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

The "slip-on" grease gun connections for the Shadow button nipples are available from Blackwoods and also Repco can get them in for you.

https://www.blackwoods.com.au/part/05333352/coupler-grease-gun-butt-pull-on-14506

MacNaught used to make a farm kit of connectors for use with their Minilube grease guns which included the slip-on connector but it is no longer in their catalogue

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1985
Posted on Tuesday, 28 June, 2016 - 09:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Download the RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation and search for "Grease Gun Coupler/Adapter for Cloud/S & Shadow/T Series and Derivatives". I've got a number of different sources and a couple of different styles for this grease gun adapter listed (including the two offered here, just added).

Brian

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 543
Posted on Saturday, 02 July, 2016 - 06:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly can you sell me a cylinder liner puller for my Camargue JRH 23682 and also list which tools in your photos that can be used on a 76-77 Camargue. When people use terms like SZ I remain confused as I am anti acrimones and can't fathom abreiviations. Thank Vladimir

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1990
Posted on Saturday, 02 July, 2016 - 07:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

I, too, am generally anti-acronym, particularly cryptic ones. However, since one would have to write "Silver Shadow and Derivatives" for "SY," and "Silver Spirit and Derivatives" for "SZ" I learned both and to love both.

Kelly can answer definitively, but I think that every tool he's shown can be used on either SY1 (pre-two-series cars) and SY2 (1977-1980 Silver Shadows II, T2s, and derivatives) cars. I generally only use SY2 of the "digit versions" since virtually anything I know of from the original SY cars carries over to the SY2 cars from a tools perspective. With no digit it simply means anything in the Shadow Series production era.

Brian

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 544
Posted on Saturday, 02 July, 2016 - 08:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly give me a price on all the tools above together including the cylinder liner puller sea freight and ups freight to Bowen Queensland Australia and email me details of any other tools you have made. Also if you get sick of the Rolls you have been restoring then I would like to know your selling price on that too. complexengineyahoo.com.au

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, 02 July, 2016 - 12:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir, I find acronyms acrimonious as well and I should have know better. All of the tools above are compatible with your Camargue. The exception is the final drive yoke puller. I make two different styles and I'm relatively certain your car has Detroit Pots. That would be the first yoke puller listed above with brilliant red door in the background (leftover paint from my Camaro). Later Spirits, Spurs and derivatives use the Lobro style puller.
As it so happens, I am currently making a liner puller compatible with blocks that have the head studs intact - very similar in style to the factory unit. If anyone looks up the post where I provided crude drawings and pics of the liner puller I used on SRE24700, you'll see that the studs were removed from that block first. I do not recommend removing the head studs - that way lies madness.
I'll contact you Vladimir and work out the details.

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 111
Posted on Saturday, 03 September, 2016 - 07:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having made a liner puller for Vladimir, I now have a finalized design and offer it here for your consideration.
Here is my block with one liner installed and one set of studs:
block mock-up

This is a hard anodized aluminum alignment tool used to make sure the liner doesn't get caught on the upper tube while being withdrawn. I made the bore of the upper tube as small as possible to maximize the wall thickness:
alignment tool

Place the bottom plate in position noting that there is a chamfered edge to clear any obstructions:
bottom plate

Screw in the 5/8"-18 threaded rod and lock it into place with the large washer and grade 8 nut. You'll want to keep the threaded rod from rotating and sawing away at the threads in the bottom plate. Finger tight is probably adequate. All motion takes place topside:
bottom plate with threaded rod

Drop the upper tube over the alignment tool:
upper tube

Install the top plate, a large washer and the first hardened bearing washer:
top plate

Then the radial bearing:
top plate

The top bearing thrust washer:
top bearing washer

Top stainless washer:
top stainless washer

And finally the large hex nut:
hex nut

After following the extraction instructions, here is a withdrawn liner assembly:
withdrawn liner

Here is the whole kit. I tried to find the worst possible background for a photo. I think I nailed it:
whole kit

This extractor is $220. It can ship inside the US for $18.75 in a USPS Priority Large Flat Rate Box or almost any international destination for $96.
International flat rate shipping is capped at 20 pounds and this kit weighs about 13 so a few other items could be shipped in the same box for no extra charge.

Kelly

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 478
Posted on Saturday, 03 September, 2016 - 09:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just amazing Kelly.
You're a true artist. Love your work.

Any movement on the Shadow restoration mate?

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2062
Posted on Sunday, 04 September, 2016 - 00:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly,

Another design triumph!!

It really is a testament to your attention to detail, and your experience with having done this work, that you design things that allow many tasks to be done with the absolute minimum of disturbance to surrounding items. The exterior channels on the puller body that allow the studs to stay in place is a perfect example.

Am I correct in assuming you painted this in a hammered finish? It looks like it is, but I could be mistaken.

Bravo!!

Brian

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 112
Posted on Sunday, 04 September, 2016 - 10:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian, my wife wants you to knock it off. My big head is damaging the door frames.
I can't take too much credit for the puller design, I've seen pictures of the factory tool with similar cut-outs and I copied that idea.
These items are made out of carbon steel so I put a paint job on them to keep them from rusting. It is indeed a hammered finish - good eye!

Patrick, my wife would have words with you too.
I work on the Shadow every day. Right now I am futzing around with the body work and the engine rebuild at the same. There is also a home remodel and a landscaping project being undertaken. And when am I going to find time to catch up on Game of Thrones?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 484
Posted on Sunday, 04 September, 2016 - 17:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OMG
I got tired just reading about your home life mate.

You're a machine!!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 485
Posted on Sunday, 04 September, 2016 - 17:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

She will be ok after a few drinks mate.
We will show her the correct path.

Maybe we should all come to your place instead of Amsterdam so we can do a working bee and get all your home stuff done.

carole
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.28.252.194
Posted on Friday, 17 March, 2017 - 00:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Kelly
I need a brake pump extractor and having seen your work first hand you are the only person to go to, superb tool expertly made.

I'm in the UK do you have one in stock and do you have any idea how much it would cost including an estimate of postage?

Thank you Carole

(Message approved by david_gore)

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, 17 March, 2017 - 08:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Carole, I have brake pump sockets in stock. I'll send you a PM and work out the details.
Kelly
BritishToolWorks.com

Ben Curtis
Experienced User
Username: burgundyben

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, 23 March, 2017 - 08:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I now have the front crank socket and the front crank hub puller.

These are things of beauty.

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 169
Posted on Monday, 24 April, 2017 - 11:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks to the beneficence of the Dick Frawley estate and the intercedence on my behalf by David Trapp II, I was allowed to copy the Front Road Spring Compressor Tool - RH195. This tool is appropriate for all Rolls-Royce Silver Clouds and S series Bentleys.

The parts for this tool are made from premium materials. The threaded shaft is Grade 8, the hook end is constructed from 4140 chrome-moly and the rest of the parts are from stainless alloys and other high-strength steels.

Cloud Spring Compressor1

Cloud Spring Compressor2

Cloud Spring Compressor3

Cloud Spring Compressor4

Cloud Spring Compressor5

cloud instructions pic

Price - $275.
Shipping in the USA is $18.85.
International shipping is $95.95
Thanks guys!
Kelly

BritishToolWorks.com

Jeff Young
Grand Master
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 347
Posted on Monday, 24 April, 2017 - 18:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice website, Kelly!

(Is that new, or am I just slow noticing?)

Cheers,
Jeff

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2281
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 01:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly,

Congrats on adding another useful tool to your line!!

I believe you're still a member of the RROC-US and I know that they had suspended the tool loan program back in 2010 and I don't think it's ever been revived. You had ought to make inquiries to the technical chairman to see if loans could be arranged to you for the purpose of duplication.

Your machining of these tools really is presenting a once in a lifetime (or several lifetimes) opportunity to get more of these things made to allow for ongoing maintenance of these cars. Since that's supposed to be one of the main goals of said club I would hope that attempts to recreate some now very rare tools would be met with great enthusiasm and willing cooperation. (Yes, I know, I sometimes indulge in excessive optimism, rare though that is.)

Brian

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 04:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly, another work of art! Makes me miss my S2 all the more. Keep it up.

Mark

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 05:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian, that is a good idea. I have an ad appearing in the next Flying Lady, so I have to assume that somebody there has seen my site. Besides that, I have had no official contact with them. I will rectify that ASAP. My goal is to offer every tool for every car.
Jeff, the site is only a little more than 3 months old. Can't blame you for not seeing it yet.
Mark, thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty sure you need another S2.

David Gore

Post Number: 2538
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 18:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

At Kelly's request, I have added the sale price of $275 for the Front Road Spring Compressor Tool - RH195. This tool is appropriate for all Rolls-Royce Silver Clouds and S series Bentleys.

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 193
Posted on Saturday, 16 December, 2017 - 11:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is what has been going on lately at BTW.
Pursuant to my (optimistic) goal of offering all tools for all cars, I've recently added SZ brake pump adapter wrenches to my site:
SZ brake pump adapter wrench
SZ brake pump adapter wrench in situ

I've also added several SY/SZ hydraulic test gages at different price/option points:
Hydraulic test gage 1
Hydraulic test gage 2
Hydraulic test gage 3

But the biggest news is that professional accumulator assembly/disassembly tools are available once again!
accumulator fixture
This fixture is probably too expensive for the casual DIY Rolls owner, but it will be indispensable for a shop that services Rolls.
The prototype for this fixture easily withstood 4500ft/lbs. of torque that a rusty accumulator needed to break loose (Two 200 lb men push/pulling on a 12ft. pipe).

I've also recently added Dummy Town Caps:
Dummy cap 1
Dummy cap 2

...and in case you missed the post from a few months ago, stainless caliper pistons for Shadows are available for cheap:
Caliper pistons
Check out all the deets at:
http://BritishToolWorks.com

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1779
Posted on Saturday, 16 December, 2017 - 14:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly,
You’re a true artist mate.

These tools are truely beautiful to look at, and of course functional.

Good on ya mate

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 650
Posted on Saturday, 16 December, 2017 - 15:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly...
Those angle brackets on the accumulator tool are exactly what I was visualizing earlier this evening for badge and mirror mounting purposes on the "just out of storage" Phantom II. It may take me a while to make some conceptual drawings and photos but will forward them to you when ready. Hope you'll be willing to assist in such a "one off" project. The angst has been where to attach them and how without drilling holes, but I think I have some ideas.

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User

Post Number: 194
Posted on Saturday, 16 December, 2017 - 17:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian, we can certainly make that happen. I love a good bespoke project.
Kelly@BritishToolWorks.com

Harry Heuchan
New User
Username: harry_heuchan

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, 17 December, 2017 - 22:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly, you are truly an asset for all the world wide R-R community . I admire your handy-work every day on my SSII. Thank you again... Harry

Chlorinedreams
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 101.189.11.243
Posted on Monday, 22 February, 2021 - 22:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Would like to know where I could find carby spanner RH 8050 so I can setup carburettors on a silver shadow 1972 6.75L (SU HD8s)

David Gore

Post Number: 3887
Posted on Tuesday, 23 February, 2021 - 07:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chlorinedreams,

I suggest you email member Kelly Opfar as he manufactures high-quality tools for R-R/B vehicles:

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 364
Posted on Thursday, 04 March, 2021 - 19:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,.....

Any chance you can do a 'Package Deal' on all the tools for the Shadow?

Graham.

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User

Post Number: 258
Posted on Sunday, 07 March, 2021 - 03:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ChlorineDreams, I now have RH8050 available - pics to follow soon.

Graham, I have many other tools available for Shadows and everything else since I made this post. You can check out my site at:

BritishToolWorks.com

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User

Post Number: 259
Posted on Sunday, 07 March, 2021 - 07:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RH8050:

RH8080 1

RH80502

RH8050 3

RH8050 4

The wrench end is laser cut and attached to long screwdriver handles that I threaded on my CNC lathe.

$25.

http://BritishToolWorks.com

WarrenStocker
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.206.188.203
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2022 - 15:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello. I would like to purchase the RR Spring compressor tool please for the RR Shadows. I can get my own threaded rod. I like in Adelaide South Australia. Could you provide me with a cost and shipping time please. regards

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User

Post Number: 270
Posted on Tuesday, 10 May, 2022 - 16:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Warren, I've seen your PM and sent an email. Shipping an SY spring compressor to Oz is just under $100USD.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2348
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2022 - 20:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’ve enjoyed re reading these post Kelly.
As I have said, the most beautiful tools ever made for these cars.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: