WTB: Silver Cloud 1 Fan Shroud (Cowl)... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » WTB: Silver Cloud 1 Fan Shroud (Cowl) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ricky Niedermeier
Yet to post message
Username: rickyn

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 28 October, 2014 - 12:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

New member here. Hello Everyone!! This looks like a great group, lots of info and knowledgeable members. I purchased my cousins 58 SC 1 a couple of years and it's undergoing overdue maintenance and needed repairs. I'm looking for an original fan shroud for the car in good or repairable condition.

Silver Cloud 1 / SGE256 / RHD
Ricky
Birmingham, AL USA

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1093
Posted on Wednesday, 29 October, 2014 - 01:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ricky,

Download the RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation and search for "USED/VINTAGE (& Reproduction) PARTS SOURCES", then start calling around.

When I last visited Moyer Motorcars (which was a few years ago) he had a large stash of Cloud parts at that time. Even though Doug Seibert is not a parts person, he'd also be a good person to call to see if he can point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your search.

Brian

Ricky Niedermeier
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 29 October, 2014 - 10:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian!! I will check out.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 231
Posted on Wednesday, 29 October, 2014 - 22:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ricky try Flying Spares in UK listed on their online catalogue UR5885W £150 plus Vat Ph +44 1455292949 sales@flyingspares.co.uk I hope this helps.

Richard.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 524
Posted on Wednesday, 29 October, 2014 - 23:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ricky/Richard

VAT is not charged if the item is for export. This is certainly true for the US. I have bought many items from FS and have never had VAT added. This may not be true for EU countries however - worth checking though.

Geoff

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Thursday, 30 October, 2014 - 01:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff,

I've also purchased from several of "the usual suspects" in the UK and VAT has never been added (though I've also inquired about that beforehand - a reminder never hurts).

Right now 150 GBP is around 242 USD. If shipping isn't outrageous I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be on-par with what a used part will cost.

It's also worth mentioning that checking eBay is not a bad idea if you're looking for used parts. It's amazing how many RR/Bentley parts come up for sale on eBay and, if you're a discriminating shopper, you can often find some really good bargains.

Brian

Ricky Niedermeier
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, 14 November, 2014 - 14:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Update. I checked with FS, they initially said they had one for sale and then later said it was not available.

I downloaded the RR reference doc, which has tons of valuable information. I started sending emails. Half responded, and said didn't have one available.

After searching for 2 months, I was able to find one at introcar. It's in very good shape, and im very pleased. Now, to figure out how to install, ouch!

Thanks for the all the great advise.
R

Michael Faircloth
New User
Username: fairfalcon

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 20 November, 2014 - 08:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ricky
I have SFE 423 '57 Cloud... and I have never seen a fan shroud on a cloud 1. I would like to see a few pics of what it looks like and just HOW it is mounted. I have aftermarket AC and a 18 inch flex fan along with an electric fan to keep the engine cool. A fan shroud would be a nice addition.
Mike in Naples