Silver Shadow Differential and Drive ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Silver Shadow Differential and Drive Shafts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben crombie
Experienced User
Username: crombo97

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, 04 August, 2013 - 21:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have my differential for sale from my very early Series 1 Shadow.
Was removed in good working condition and includes drive shafts, diff cradle and center support arm.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121151407293&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

crombo97@hotmail.com
Thanks
Ben

Mark Herbstreit
Prolific User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 105
Posted on Sunday, 11 August, 2013 - 14:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RIP SRH1011??

Ben crombie
Experienced User
Username: crombo97

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, 03 November, 2013 - 20:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark
No way SRH1011 is still going strong!!
Too strong in fact i had to fitt a stronger diff from another manufacturer to go with my GM engine :-)

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 141
Posted on Sunday, 03 November, 2013 - 21:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ben,
That story would be worth reading, What size engine and all the modifications that had to be done such as Hydraulic pumps for brakes and height control, The modification to the drive train on its own would be very interesting.

Richard.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 335
Posted on Monday, 04 November, 2013 - 07:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ben

I second Richard. It would be very interesting to hear about how you mod'ed your car. In particular how you overcame the brake / hydraulics problem.

Geoff

Mark Herbstreit
Prolific User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 113
Posted on Wednesday, 06 November, 2013 - 22:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good to hear it is still alive Ben. I dream that one day its original power plant could be reinstated. SRH1011 is quite possibly the oldest Shadow still on the road. A unique claim to fame if it can be confirmed.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1345
Posted on Thursday, 07 November, 2013 - 07:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If Mark is correct, there is no way I would modify the car with a foreign engine transplant as you would destroy the future buyer's premium that will inevitably apply to the oldest survivor of the Shadow series.

Keep SRH1011 original if at all possible - you will find the future benefits will more than compensate for the present inconvenience IMHO.