Bentley Mesh Grilles - SYs and Contin... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Bentley Mesh Grilles - SYs and Continentals « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2506
Posted on Monday, 14 May, 2012 - 22:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you are interested in a quality mesh grille for your Bentley, I had a few spares made when I fitted one to my Continental R.

The one on my Turbo R is an original genuine factory order similar to that of a a Bentley Eight but it is rather inferior to the ones I have now commissioned. I have some mesh left for two cars after fitting one to my Continental R. It is quality woven stainless steel mesh, not the nasty laser-cut honeycomb types fitted to late Contis and Arnages nor the horrors on the GTs and Flying Spurs.

RT.

Conti before trashing its vanes, next to Turbo R in my garage for comparison purposes; mesh on Conti close-up.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Tuesday, 15 May, 2012 - 08:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard, your time at Unanderra many years ago still provides benefits you probably never expected .

Looks like a classic hand-made grille rather than a mass-produced replica IMHO.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 283
Posted on Wednesday, 12 September, 2012 - 05:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is a challenge Richard.
I really like the mesh grill you have commissioned and I have the same two cars as you. One small issue though. The distance between us. Any ideas how to get the two meshs out to Dubai? And if so, how much the overall costs will be?
Thanks
Omar

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2676
Posted on Thursday, 13 September, 2012 - 21:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now, Omar, we shall find a way. I may even transit Dubai in a few weeks.

Pity this picture is in the drizzle this morning at my coffee shop. There is at least a choice in wheels, grilles and number plates here.

RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2677
Posted on Thursday, 13 September, 2012 - 21:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 230
Posted on Thursday, 13 September, 2012 - 21:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

the dirty Conti R is RT's....of course....

Handsome BRG pair though!

I want the 7 spoke wheels Richard, if its still there tomoz do you think he'd swap my 15' Ronals you like so much?

J

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2678
Posted on Thursday, 13 September, 2012 - 21:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

!!!!********!!!!! Washed it just 300km ago in Canberra. Any other opinions about the 7-spokers vs 5-spokers ? The mesh grille has to be the go though.

Fearne
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.165.61.97
Posted on Wednesday, 13 March, 2013 - 08:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard

Do you still have a spare grill?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2801
Posted on Tuesday, 26 March, 2013 - 18:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have one left, but am trying to work out how to send it to Omar. I owe him a few favours already, and am hoping to find time to stopover on a trip to London in the near future to drop it off. I could easily start a run of a few more three at a time given the minimum order size for the mesh. Let me know by private message.

RT.

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 291
Posted on Wednesday, 27 March, 2013 - 21:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

for a small nominal fee ill take it....Omar you will have to meet me in Abu Dhabi next week though...ill only be there for 3 hours sipping champers on route to London. Ill leave it in the lounge for you with the code name 'from KPrat"

Seriously though DHL must be able to ship it....I know its sturdy as RT commissoned them from USS Enterprise SS.....

J

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 329
Posted on Thursday, 28 March, 2013 - 02:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear James,
I will gladly meet you in Abu Dhabi!! just say when.
Also, seriously, I am starting to feel a real family buzz in this forum - such a lot of fantatsic people.
I have mesaged Richard and we are working out a way to make the grill land on my Dubai based Conti R sometime soon.
If that happens............... a photo will be placed on this thread.
Thanks fellas.
Omar

Nigel Parker
Frequent User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 51
Posted on Saturday, 10 August, 2013 - 10:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Any grills still available?????

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2880
Posted on Wednesday, 14 August, 2013 - 19:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm working on a kit so that they may be installed very easily. There are at least two sizes, and I don't know if the late Bentleys have the same grille as the Continental R-S-T.

If there is enough interest I shall make up half a dozen as the one left is for Dubai.

RT.

Nigel Parker
Frequent User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 53
Posted on Wednesday, 14 August, 2013 - 20:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thks Richard,let me know in due course please.Brgds Nigel

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 376
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2013 - 04:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hey guys............ look what's on ebay......

Bentley Mesh Car Grille