Leather Renovation Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Leather Renovation « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ron H.
Posted on Wednesday, 06 June, 2001 - 10:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have an S3 that requires leather renovation. No cracks or splits, just a little hard and tired. Has anybody had success with locally available products?

Jim Bettison
Posted on Wednesday, 06 June, 2001 - 21:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes - Connolly's Hide Food (actually, I think that these days it has to be called Leather Dressing, or some such, so as to avoid anyone thinking it's an edible product ...) You should be able to get it from leather and leatherwork suppliers, or from sellers of leather furniture. Apply as per instructions and, for leather such as you describe, results should be almost guaranteed. I'm currently giving the (original) leather in our 20/25 Park Ward saloon the treatment - and that leather was put in place in late 1932. Like most good things - including your S3! - it's not cheap. Good luck.

Chip Lamb
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 67.62.68.55
Posted on Sunday, 13 March, 2005 - 13:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Connolly Hide Food is great for maintaining good leather in a pinch, but for rejuvenation, look into seeing if you can acquire a product called Gliptone. It is a 2 part cleaner (shampoo) and conditioner (also great on the hands you use to put it on with!) Has worked for me on many RRs, Jaguars, MBs, SAABs and such.

If you are in the USA or can't find a vendor where you are I'd be happy to send you some.

Chip
RROC
SRX1248
Richmond, VA

(Message approved by david_gore)