Bentley Mk VI Manuals Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » Bentley Mk VI Manuals « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave Baron
Yet to post message
Username: redbaron

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 25 March, 2004 - 15:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wanted Owner & Workshop Manual for 1948 Bentley Mk VI, also relevant tech bulletins or other literature. Prefer originals, but good hard or electronic copies considered. Car is B386CF, standard saloon. baron@ultranet.ca
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim Bettison
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.166.57.11
Posted on Friday, 26 March, 2004 - 15:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I bought a set of these manuals (Workshop Manual, Parts List, and Technical Notes, plus an Owner's Manual) from the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts Club in England. Not cheap, but authoritative, since they are published by Rolls Royce, and are the identical publications as provide to RR Service Agents. I can give you address of RREC Bookshop if you want to follow up.
My only comment is that the publications have some rather bad mistakes and omissions. Notwithstanding this, the books are, I find, invaluable. I would advise checking any work you intend doing by a posting to this Forum, if in doubt; there will almost certainly be someone who can give you guidance and help.
Good luck.