Rust and other things Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Rust and other things « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gavan Evans
New User
Username: gavan

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, 24 September, 2009 - 21:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello everyone

After 6 months I have finally put a new battery into SRH14634 and taken her back on the road. Purred along like a dream!!

It's now time to start correcting a few faults, starting with a small amount of rust in the driver's front wing panel and bumpers.

Does anyone know a good place in Melbourne to take her to?

After the rust, I have a long list of things to do, but putting her in for a full restoration all at once isn't on the cards - a long-term project, unfortunately. I will need to be looking for someone to do the central locking, windows and lights. I'm a bit limited in what I can do because of arthritis, so I really envy the rest of you who have a go yourselves.

Gavan Evans
New User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, 29 September, 2009 - 14:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello there Gavan

Yes, Gavan I do know someone in Melbourne who could help you. Also with your question about seatbelts and visors of several years ago.

Kind regards

Gavan

Dan Tyson
New User
Username: stralya

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, 29 September, 2009 - 15:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Seems replies here are not as swift as they might be Gavan.

Gavan Evans
New User

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, 29 September, 2009 - 20:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just couldn't help myself

Lawrence Heasman
Experienced User
Username: lheasman

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, 04 October, 2009 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gavan,
I'd go to R A Chapmans in Bayswater for the mechanical / electrical stuff. Not the cheapest, but in my opinion the best as all he does is RR and Bentley. See http://www.rachapmanautomotive.com.au for further details.

Gavan Evans
Experienced User

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, 08 October, 2009 - 19:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks very much for that. I know them, but, how can I put it politely - there's a rattle in the front that wasn't there before the water pump was done, and I'm still waiting for the report on my car 3 years later. I guess everyone has their off days.