New Ghost Pre-release Video Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » New Ghost Pre-release Video « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 156
Posted on Wednesday, 19 August, 2009 - 18:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The video advertisement for the New RR Ghost to be released in September at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show has been uploaded to youtube by an (ahem) anonymous user.

Don't know if it'll stay up for long, being an advertisement, but worth a look.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Bg7VYZt1Q
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

StevenBrown
Frequent User
Username: stevenbrown

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, 10 April, 2010 - 05:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was headed over to a dealer looking at a Shadow II. Ended up spotting a 1995 Spur III and have put an offer on it. Needed to drive over into a storage facility off site. Place is also the new RR franchise. We took one of two Ghosts in stock for viewing and press only. So sneaked a test drive.

Ghost (poor naming and total badge marketing). I don't like the streamlined RR grill. The interior with factory TV screen in the seat backs, looked like a poor non factory install. At the very least they could have done picnic tables hiding the flat displays, like the Phantom. The interior is also a little bit overly BMW! In fact very fast car, 0 to 60mph in something like 4.9 seconds and I believe it! This would make a better M5 with BMW badging. As a Rolls Royce, its nothing near what Crewe built.

Comparing the 1995 Spur III, she has better fit and finish. Little dated style wise and not as classic iconic like a Shadow II or latter models. But you can feel the RR DNA. Even against the Phantom, compared this Spur directly to the 05 Phantom with simular mileage they also had in stock. Well the Spur is simply nicer overall quality.

After driving the new Ghost, I'm really disappointed the direction BMW has taken the name!