Canberra support Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Canberra support « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ross Rackham
Experienced User
Username: rosco

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, 15 August, 2009 - 23:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

I know I've only been on this site for about a week but I'm still desperate for some reputable help in Canberra.

So far the only advice I've had to find someone to give my Shadow I a good going over is from Melbourne.

I don't mind driving down and leaving the car there for a while, I have some good friends I can visit who have offered spare space in their garage regardless of time frame.

But can anyone suggest a Canberra local. Be it an hourly rate, drinks, a meal or just some one to get under the car with me and point things out for the hell of it (I learn fast), it's all good.

Surly there's someone here that can help me keep this old lady on the road.

And believe me, I know the average age of RR owners may be up a little, but at 42 I intend on being around for a bit and to pass anything I learn onto anyone else that wants to keep these icons on the road.

I'm in this for the long term and any help/mentoring would really be appreciated.

Cheers
Ross

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Sunday, 16 August, 2009 - 00:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross/

I am thinking of that little poem

'Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there,
He wasn't there again today,
Oh how I wish he'd go away."

If you look in the Technical Topics section and the subtopic Silver Shadow, then find your notice about door locking and go down a few lines you should find an invitation that may be of interest.

Ross Rackham
Experienced User

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, 16 August, 2009 - 02:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well Bill, don't take this the wrong way, other forums (for other types of vehicle) I'm a member of seem to work in the way of "can you help with this?" and the answers go along the lines of "See so and so" or "I can recommend such and such" or “Do this or that”.

No offence, you seem to be a gentleman of an incredible amount of knowledge and experiance and I respect that, you obviously have an great love and dedication for this mark, but I was never any good at cryptic crosswords.

I've flown planes, I've fixed planes and I've taken great delight in beating up places either here or overseas. I respect policies of not commercially promoting one repairer over another on a site but with the lack of support for these older vehicles it's no wonder there slowly disappearing, or as some have said, just being purchased to be driven into the ground.

End of the day I'm a simple person that needs simple answers. I mean no disrespect but it seems that this may not be the forum for me. For some reason many people seem quiet cagey with info and recommendations for servicing.

I'll drive down to Melbourne (the only suggestion by another member so far) get my quotes and go from there. I'd much rather spend my money and get my experience locally but interstate seems currently the way to go.

I'll glean what I can from this site and will continue to post anything I think may be of help to others.

I hope I haven't alienated one of the more knowledgeable members of this forum but I've always been one to speak my mind, for better or for worse (often with poor results).

Regardless this it still one of the most technically informative sites around.

Regards
Ross

Michel Malik
New User
Username: michel

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, 16 August, 2009 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Ross,

I can recommend a reputable workshop in Sydney if you are interested.
Please do PM me if you are interested and I wil give you the information.

Regards

Michel

Ross Rackham
Experienced User

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, 16 August, 2009 - 12:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Michel, PM sent.

Ross Rackham
Experienced User

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, 16 August, 2009 - 12:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the email Bill, looking forward to catching up.

Cheers
Ross